Thread: Upstate Locations to buy Pistol

Default Upstate Locations to buy Pistol

I am currently living in Richmond, however VA's handgun laws do not allow an out of state resident to purchase a handgun in their wonderful, lovely state. That being said, I am from Spartanburg and go back a good bit. I'm in the market for a CZ and with this being my first handgun purchase I do not know where to get it/order it from. I'm open for ideas, as the only two outdoor stores I know of in the upstate are Academy and Grady's. If anyone would share any better options they have on where to actually buy this gun I would much appreciate it.

I already have my mind made up on exactly what I want, so I don't need any pros/cons on the CZ firearm. Thanks y'all.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Lawson Outfitters in Clinton has always been very easy to work with in the past.

Lawson's ain't worth a shit. Never has anything. Plus the owner has the attitude that he is king shit.

agreed. i've dealt with lawson's in the past. if i want to pay $60-$70 more then that's the first place I'll call.

i know people know better places to buy then there.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."

lawsons used to have the best prices on guns.
    bought a sbe2 from them 7 years ago for 1100.

anyone behind a gun counter is gonna be arrogant. i don't know why but people just cant seem to help it.

Fast Cash Pawn on Hwy 221 in Spartanburg. Talk to Todd.

Traders Gun Shop
    2850 Wade hampton Blvd.
    Taylors, SC
    864-292-5644

T and K, 120 John Dodd rd. Spartanburg.

x2 on Traders. They seem like they know what they are talking about but don't have the arrogant attitude to go along with it. Very pleasant to deal with. They are willing to deal with you as well.

Traders is ok, but IMHO the best place to buy in Greenville is Freedom Gun on White Horse rd.

My wife went in there to buy me a christmas present and they were very helpful-they treat both shooters and non shooters great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    T and K, 120 John Dodd rd. Spartanburg.
    x16

Lawson's higher than Gready Grady's...really?

If you can't buy one up there, can you even legally own one? I've heard that Vagina has some pretty fucked up gun laws so make sure you aren't setting yourself up for trouble later.

Is Greer Gun & Pawn still open? Traders and there's a place in Greenwood that a buddy of mine deals with a good bit. I'd try to watch out for a private sale though, I just don't like the paperwork, especially on a handgun. People can say what they want, but you fill that shit out and it doesn't just disappear at the FBI.

Why the CZ obsession? I had one with the Baby Eagle in college. It was a nice feeling gun, cycled like a dream and was absolutely one of the worst handguns I have ever owned. Terribly inaccurate.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Clean out your mailbox Ziggy, I tired to send you a PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

t & k cant beat em

mailbox cleaned out Saltydog, sorry about that. I've done my research and shot a few of the models I was looking at, including glock and beretta, and the cz fits in my hand and shoots the best for me. i'm planning on this to be mainly a truck gun, so i'm not worried about size or getting a ccw permit at this point; and it's my understanding that this will be legal in VA.

i'm trying t&k tomorrow hopefully and then on to trader's later in the week if they can't get it done. i appreciate the good responses fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Traders is ok, but IMHO the best place to buy in Greenville is Freedom Gun on White Horse rd.

My wife went in there to buy me a christmas present and they were very helpful-they treat both shooters and non shooters great.

i cant x2 enough. they are very knowledgeable, courteous and although the place doesnt win any beauty contests, they know their guns and prices are excellent for the upstate. They beat everybody in the upstate on the two pistols i have bought from there.

Dewey's pawn shop also has some good prices and selection if you catch them right.

I have bought pistols from both, but Freedom was my first stop.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud