Thread: Squirrel Problem

I need some suggestions about a squirrel problem we are having @ work. We have some squirrels getting in our attic.

The pest man has put some traps out but that hasn't helped. My thought is to pop them w/ my 12 guage but we are in the city limits and the women in the office would freak out. [img]graemlins/crazyquail.gif[/img]

And a pellet gun is too much of a pain. Any suggestions?

Some cities will issue squirrell permits to shoot in the city limits in order to control them as a pest problem. There will be some stipulations such as you must use a 4.10, etc..., just call the local Police Dept. and ask. Some will also bring live traps and relocate them for you.
    "My Give-a-damn is busted."

Thanks, that is a big help. I will look into that.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

To be honest your best bet is to go through whatever steps you need to take to secure the attic from being entered. This means wire mesh or other barriers. As much fun as shooting them is, you will never shoot or poison enough to see a decline, they just seem to keep coming. One of those situations where an ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure.

While prevention is definitely in order, you CAN kill them all. And then, when those not in the know start coming around, you have to kill them too. It's a never ending process but it's a ton of fun. Get a .22 rifle and a box of CB's, quieter and much more deadly than a pellet gun, plus, you can hear the bullet smack the foul ass rodent and it's VERY satisfying. Just be sure to walk up to him and put one in his ear so he doesn't have to suffer, no sense getting TOO MUCH satisfaction out of it.