Thread: God Bless Texas

Default God Bless Texas

Just got back from my former home state this afternoon. Buddy slayed some birds 2 mornings, hunted deer 5 days in the brush country.

Pics are from 2 hunts with some old hunting buddies. BOTH HUNTS WERE PUBLIC WATER HUNTS.

Last edited by TXFowler; 01-08-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Very nice. I would take a TX coastal Sprig and Redhead limit anytime....

Good work.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Good killin, I just got back from hunting hawgs in Texas. What part you from?

love the madare

I'm from the "Cajun Outback" or eastern coastal Texas. We hunted down near Port O'Connor though.

Love that next to last picture...It's hard to beat that strap.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I want to move.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I want to move.
    Damn right.

Looks like I need to ditch the mallard deeks and get some sprigs and redheads before I move.

Way to do work
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    this aint facebook. we do not give a SHIT about your every move. either tell stories about ducks dying or show pics.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Just moved back here from Houston,TX about a year ago and damn do I miss those type hunts .... i been dreaming off Redheads and Pintails for 3 days since my bud called me .... I may just have ot take the trip after seeing that bag .... NICE SHOOTIN
    "Good thing these bitches float" - 295PRO

************************************************** ******************************

2012 SCDUCKS Bream World Champion
    Riverhawk B-60 Procaster w/ 25hp Merc
    Tide Craft w/ 25 hp Johnson
    Stoeger M2000
    Kent Fast Steel

Way to rip 'em, Texas is no joke.
    -- Blood and Feathers --

“When done under the rules of good sportsmanship, duck hunting is a culmination of art, skill and scientific endeavor. It is also an act of love, for who loves the birds more than the hunter?”
    --Bob Hinman, The Duck Hunter’s Handbook, 1974

Must be nice.

We leave out of charlotte tommorow heading towards the texas coast. Anyone ever hunted at bay flats lodge?

Quote Originally Posted by jgdavis123 View Post
    Looks like I need to ditch the mallard deeks and get some sprigs and redheads before I move.

Way to do work

Depends on where you're moving too.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Houston area
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    this aint facebook. we do not give a SHIT about your every move. either tell stories about ducks dying or show pics.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Get rid of the Mallard dekes...get you plenty of pintails and gadwall with some shoveler, teal, and widgeon kickers.