Thread: plant id help

Default plant id help

what plant does these seeds come from? Has a yellow flower.
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

whatever it is it will ruin a fleece jacket. and neoprene waders....

You right about that sportin. My waders and dogs vest is cover in them.
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

Beggar-lice
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

Those are Bidens spp.
    Excellent bird food too....aka bidens, boobalizers, sticktites!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

We always called them Devil's Pitchforks. Old folks used to plant them around the edge of their yard, they said they keep flies away.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

duck crack!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I can deal with them, beggar lice, and cockleburrs.

What I hate are these things. Get one of them seated deep 'tween your toes and you got trouble.

Sand Spurs

I've always heard beggar lice are good quail food.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 11-21-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I can deal with them, beggar lice, and cockleburrs.

What I hate are these things. Get one of them seated deep 'tween your toes and you got trouble.

Sand Spurs

I've always heard beggar lice are good quail food.

Sand spurs, scorpions, tarantulas are just a few things that I do NOT miss about living in Texas.

I've got a cousin in TX, that just had to have a tonsillectomy performed on her dog, last week. Damn sand spurs (2), got embedded in the dogs throat. I would hate to see that vet bill!
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

The land In Kentucky I hunt is covered in them since the ice storm a few years backs. Took me HOURS to get them out of everything!
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." ...Ted Nugent

Beggers Lice is one of the all time best quail foods.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Those are Bidens spp.
    Excellent bird food too....aka bidens, boobalizers, sticktites!
    Bidens frondosa?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

...hitchhikers....

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
    Sand spurs, scorpions, tarantulas are just a few things that I do NOT miss about living in Texas.

I've got a cousin in TX, that just had to have a tonsillectomy performed on her dog, last week. Damn sand spurs (2), got embedded in the dogs throat. I would hate to see that vet bill!
    I feel sorry for that dog.

Every dang thing in Texas either bites, stings, sticks, pricks, or cuts you!

If you don't like sand spurs, stay out of my yard. Living room too.
    " If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain