Bible Study Verse:

II Chronicles 16:8-9a

"Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubim an immense army with very many chariots and horsemen? Yet because you relied on the LORD, He delivered them into your hand. For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His." (NASB)

Thoughts:

Searching eyes are a key to consistent success in hunting and in many types of fishing. I have a couple of long-time hunting partners who are very adept at using their searching eyes.

I had never had the patience to just sit and glass for long periods of time until I severely injured one knee and then the other. No longer able to make long treks in search of big game, I had to modify the way I hunt. I am thankful for what I learned from Jimmy and Andy! (Rick K)

Action Point:

The Lord always has His eyes on us and is always searching for those who demonstrate a heart that belongs to Him though word and action.

The Message Bible paraphrases verse 9a of the above scripture, "God is always on the alert, constantly on the lookout for people who are totally committed to him."

Commitment spoken and not lived is hypocrisy rooted in pride, to which the Holy Spirit speaks, "You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: "He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us"?

But He gives a greater grace Therefore it says, 'GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE,' " James 4:4-6 (NASB).

The humble heart belongs to the person living for Christ. This is the heart He seeks to "strongly support" and gives "grace to the humble." Ask yourself, "What is it I want people to know most about me as a Christian?" If it is, "That I have a GREAT SAVIOR!" you're on the right track, my friend.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

Something I learned from my hunting friends is that good optics are just as important as a good firearm! So many hunters spend big bucks on a rifle and then skimp on the scope. Look for high-quality scopes, field glasses, and spotting scopes. You will never regret having done so!