Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: you asked for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    We were told a man applied for and received unemployment benefits upon losing his job. The man burned down his employers business and still got it.
    That's funny as shit. Reminds me of Abner Snopes in Faulkner's The Hamlet.

Ab Snopes burns down a barn in one Mississippi County, moves a county over and his reputation makes other people too afraid to tell him no, that he can't have something.

He and his family, who move in like termites and are more numerous than crabs on a European woman's unkempt hairy muff and furry armpits, ultimately end up running everything. One winds up a US senator.

I guess if your rep is arson, etc, people are afraid to cross you even in real life.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

If I do WORK for the government, I must pee in the cup in order to get a check.

If they wake up, check the mail and get a check, they should also pee in a cup.
    2 Corinthians 10:12 NKJV For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measureing themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Quote Originally Posted by jgdavis123 View Post
    I like that... a lot.

Give these people a reason to get off their ass. Some never will but receiving minimum wage may persuade a few.
    Wait till your on unemployment, you wont be on a such a high horse. In 25 years in the work force i used it once eight years ago. Fuck it ,I paid into it , I used my time to find another job. I got one fast but the economy was better then. Who the hell would stay on enemployment for $300 bucks a week. I think the vast majority of people on unemployment would love to get off it, if they could find a job. You can put pretty good odds that some day you will be unemployed for a while. Times are tough. That being said, Piss test any one getting $$ from the rest of us.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    We were told a man applied for and received unemployment benefits upon losing his job. The man burned down his employers business and still got it.
    I am sure at SCESC they asked the employer, "did you have a signed policy stating that an employee could be terminated for burning your building down?"

Seriously, you wouldn't believe the crap I hear from down there. Is it a company policy that they can't falsify time cards?

Anything in writing saying they can be terminated if they are caught stealing? Real live stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by woodsjunky View Post
    Wait till your on unemployment, you wont be on a such a high horse. In 25 years in the work force i used it once eight years ago. Fuck it , I paid into it , I used my time to find another job. I got one fast but the economy was better then. Who the hell would stay on enemployment for $300 bucks a week. I think the vast majority of people on unemployment would love to get off it, if they could find a job. You can put pretty good odds that some day you will be unemployed for a while. Times are tough. That being said, Piss test any one getting $$ from the rest of us.
    It is a good thing that it is there for people who can't find work in these difficult times. But, the employee doesn't pay a penny to the unemployment tax. The employer does. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    IMO, this is unpassable in any legislature in America. Not because of privacy issues but because it will create a logistical and bureaucratic nightmare that will cost more than the problem itself costs, and cause more problems than it solves.

IMO, Haley's using this for political reasons, knowing it won't cost her anything, that it won't come up for a vote. In other words, she doesn't mean it. Posturing for a fight in front of the teacher, in school yard terminology.
    I would respectfully disagree...I know this woman(manager at McDonalds), she could write the new law...
    1. Must take drug test to receive benefits..
    The procedure
    1. Report to Mergie's drug test center on elm street. take this slip with you. bring back the results. Leave a $25.00 deposit. If you pass, we will return it to you. If you fail, you bought it.

Option B
    Don't call us, we'll call you.

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    It is a good thing that it is there for people who can't find work in these difficult times. But, the employee doesn't pay a penny to the unemployment tax. The employer does. FYI
    True, but you can bet the employer factures the cost of unemployment insurence into your pay and benefits. I just hate to hear people acusing any one who does not have a job of being lazy. There are a lot of quality people out of work. I have almost always had a good job and I count it as a blessing. If you are around long enough you will probably lose a job at some point. It happens