Thread: deer hunt

Default deer hunt

what a good morning. first time since april i saw a temperature in the 50's.
    walked into a swampy area...real damn swampy after the rains...Went face first into a bannana spiders web on the trip in. Spiders, lightening, and women talking on cell phones while driving are about the only things that give me the heebie jeebies.
    Anyhoots, once the binos collect enough light i see a deer browsing on the corn pile..she hangs out for 1/2 hour. Then proceed to watch 8 more deer over the next few hours "just walking through the woods". None stop for a snack. Strange..yesterday 7 deer showed up just for the snack.
    One decent buck that i took the safety off for, but it was lacking something, on the drive home i decided i was the one lacking something..motivation to mess with a dead deer.
    On the drive out of the club, i taught a spike by fork horn how to run real fast down the dirt road. Then saw a covey of quail.
    Fun morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

It is finally starting to "Feel" like hunting season.

Good story, Sprig. X2 on the spider webs.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    It is finally starting to "Feel" like hunting season.
    Amen! Can't wait til the 11th. I have that whole week off. Hoping to bust a couple for the freezer.

i got it bad right now. hunting is all the hell i am thinking about. had a hell of sit wed evening with a huge 7 point at 20 steps that lasted for over an hour. faced me the whole time only giving me a 3 second shot window at broadside early. he spent the entire rest of the sit running off other bucks and feeding dead damn face to face.

hoss

pig

the man

cant sleep cause of him.

i hope someone emails me the trail pics of him soon.

damn. i would hunt everydamnfriggin day right now if i could. its as good as its gonna get.

its october....
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

amazing how fast they build a new web. I was prepared this morn.
    Nother good sit, 3 does and a itty bitty spike with a booner body.

I've seen 5 times the amount of deer, and 6 times the amount of bucks the past 3 days, than i saw all of last season at my old club.

Making this sitting around waiting for deer tolerable.
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

quail, huh? nice....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I had a covey bust out of the beans i was waling by the other day, scared the bajezzuz out of me cause i wasn't expecting it. Can't remember the last time I saw quail other than a place were they are raised.

Hung one of those magical sets yesterday. White oak raining in front, erupting food plot behind, scrapes around and knee deep in deer shit with the wind in my face.

1830 here comes the parade and at 40 yards and closing Jr. the dink comes in chasing does and runs everyone off and back into the cutover.

6 long beards came in and flew up to roost 30 yards in front of me. Waited until booger man dark to get down. It was "cool" and cool.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-04-2010 at 08:43 AM.

I want to get the urge to sit in a deer stand...

But damnit that ocean is calling my name for some reason.

Big bull reds, sheeps on the falling tide, throw in a black drum or two on skrimps...

Lordy, but I love to hear that braid singing out from the rod guides...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Too damn early on Monday and not close enough to season for ya'll to be talking bout quail birds, gives me a boner just thinking about it.

Oh yeah, got two nice coveys on the property we bought in the summer. Can't wait to see my GSP's work even if they're rusty as hell.

Beautiful weekend for goat waiting for sure and fucka spider.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Sitting is helping take the edge off waiting for my end of month trips.

Fortunately, i left my cell phone at my house this morn. Cant go a week without it. So, i have to drive back home this afternoon to get it. Deer club is 12 miles out of my way, my gear is in my truck..guess i'll be in the stand by 1720.

Take a stick in with ya and twirl it in front of ya to clear out the spider webs...you'll look like Inigo Montoya going through the woods, but the spider webs won't bother ya

my name is Inigo Montoya....you killed my father....prepare to die.

I am big on the stick thing. spiders dont give me the "heebie jeebies" because I'm not a woman, but I still prefer not to get a face full of them every other step.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I want to get the urge to sit in a deer stand...

But damnit that ocean is calling my name for some reason.

Big bull reds, sheeps on the falling tide, throw in a black drum or two on skrimps...

Lordy, but I love to hear that braid singing out from the rod guides...

I hear ya BB, thats what i hate about this time of year, choice's hunt or fish. Now that I have some meat for the freezer maybe I need toi work on some Fish.