Thread: Optimax Owners: Serpintine Belt

Default Optimax Owners: Serpintine Belt

FYI, get yourselves a spare and carry it with you.

Called for quotes today on a new belt, and at MSC of LR, it was right at $60. Napa down the road: $12.

Motor wont run without the belt, and it is a breeze to change.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Did you get the word on the metal shavings in the oil?
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

All good.

Gear case pulled, inspected and water tested this afternoon. Peeled my eyelids back on the waterway.

This was the first time I have had one of the new plastic hubs...and I love them. So much, I have a spare in the boat now. $20 at West Marine. Knock the sheared one out, drop the new one in...and roll.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

my turbo prop has one of them in it. Mine slips from the git go. I aint real sure whether i like it or not
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Phone, yours might be sheared and you not know it...

Get a spare and drop it in...see if it does the same thing. You need a spare one anyway. Trust me...

mine is brand new, maybe 15 hours on it, but i guess it could be. 20 bucks aint bad to test it out though
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.