Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: petrovic sunflowers

These sunflowers had lightning and post sprayed on them. The key is timing!

They are still going to get a few weeds but not many.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cultavated mine sunday,big grinn the whole time knowing how many pigweed i killed .bd

mdb2 I also did not get good results from my cadre,thought I may have waited too long waiting on 5 true leaves.It seemed like the pig weed took off and the sunflowers took their sweet time of course all the chicken crap might have had something to do with that

Poast will not kill any sunflowers as it only kills grass species and is for post emergent control of grasses only. Dual or Dual Magnum are pre emergent herbicides for grasses and small seeded broadleafs and should be used prior to crop emergence.

Lightning, cadre, and beyond are not all the same. They are all in the same family of chemistry (imi's) but not the same compounds or formulations.

Be sure not to use cadre, lightning or beyond on non clearfield hybrids it is very effective at killing them.

p.s. I do not sell chemicals.

pop224, seemed like anything over 7-8 inches, the cadre had no effect on. i think we waited a little too long to spray like you. i also burned the **&^%^ out of my sunflowers with the cadre.

what's the word on roundup ready sunflowers? i've heard they are coming, and i've heard we will never see them in the states bc they are too much like a weed.

can you put attrizine over peredovic. sf
    Last edited by bid daddy; 06-07-2010 at 04:00 PM.

never heard of "attrizine".

short answer....no

reading this thread made me dizzy
    James 4:14

RR sunflowers arent being let out of canada.
    time for a smuggler's run.

Update: I sprayed about 10 acres of peredovic sunflowers with poast a week ago. The grasses are yellow, and the poast appears to have "burnt" the sunflowers a little. I mixed it 3 3/4 pints of poast, 3 3/4 of crop oil to 55 gallons of water, and sprayed 3 acres at a time. I have no doubts that the sf's will bounce back strong once they get a little more rain, and it appears to have killed the grasses.

I know there was some confusion about whether or not poast would kill them, so I wanted to post up my experience so far.