Thread: Bluetooth headsets

Default Bluetooth headsets

I'm gonna preface this by saying I am NOT a fan of Bluetooth "ear roaches". They have always struck me as sort of a post-Yuppie status thing, and I've always thought it was weird to see people walking down the sidewalk talking to themselves.

But....

In an effort to keep my Blackberry alive while on the water, I have been thinking about securing it in a small waterproof case, and using a good Bluetooth headset to communicate. I am in a position where, for work, I will be on the water for hours at a time, and want that link.

Anybody have any ideas about good RUGGED headsets with good wind/noise reduction?

I'm considering the Blue Ant T1, but they are so new I can't find pricing... which is probably a bad sign.

A headset that connects with TWO phones at the same time would be cool, too.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I know nothing about what you are looking for, (sorry to say). My brother that lives in Florida does though, I will give him a shout.

I HATED my bluetooth ear piece @ first. Once the cell phone/driving laws changed in NC, I figured I might as well give it a try, rather than get a ticket - sorta cool to have "Robo-Lady" read your email, BB messages & text messages to you.

Once I got used to the thing, it was no longer a hindrance - forget it is hanging in my ear half the time.

Plus side: BlackBerry tether via BlueTooth.
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

You know this already, but........bluetooth is gay.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Blue Toof.

My waterproof verizon phone went swimming with me at 6:30 this morning while crossing a deep slough. Waded across, got as far as my arm pits and got a text on it while in the water.

I was leaning towards the crackberry, but I am sticking with the GZone.

Question is, (sorry for the highjack), can I carry two phones for one number?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Question is, (sorry for the highjack), can I carry two phones for one number?
    Negative

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    A headset that connects with TWO phones at the same time would be cool, too.

I believe it is possible for one headset to work 2 phones at the same time. Not 100% sure but as long as they are in range with the headset it should work.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I'm with ya on them being gay. I still call them queer pieces, instead of ear pieces. Never the less I tried one for them simple fact of safety while driving. I can't remember which one I bought, but it was a waste. Everyone I talk to can't understand me and the background noise is crazy.

I'd suggest trying to find someone that has one that your're looking at and see what they sound like. I like the idea, I'm just gonna have to research better next time.

Verizon sells one called Jawbone. Have always used that one. The latest version of it works well for me. Very clear.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I looked at reviews of the Jawbone. Seemed solid.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Jawbone is my opinion
    Go Tigers!!!

Jawbone is what was developed for the military and wins all of the review wars. Also, there are VHF radios that have bluetooth
    http://www.cobra.com/products/handhe...ting-vhf-radio

The idea you have is used fairly widely with a small pelican case combined with a bluetooth device, but this vhf combines some solid features including dial pad for outbound calls and of course you have the safety of actually having a VHF close by. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Jawbone is what was developed for the military and wins all of the review wars. Also, there are VHF radios that have bluetooth
    http://www.cobra.com/products/handhe...ting-vhf-radio

The idea you have is used fairly widely with a small pelican case combined with a bluetooth device, but this vhf combines some solid features including dial pad for outbound calls and of course you have the safety of actually having a VHF close by. MG
    Bought the Cobra, works purty good. $150ish, new on Ebay. Unit will redial the last # called but will not dial out a different #. You can use it with the PTT button or set it up for VOX. Very lightweight. Will try it out more this weekend.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken