Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple Request

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

If it's the one I'm thinking about I've put in there a couple of times.

Last time was a good many years ago. Came in after the hunt tired, thirsty and had a lot of mile to drive. Pulled up to the ramp just as some guy in a beat up old Ford truck was backing his trailer in. He got out, loaded his boat, got back in the truck....and the dang truck wouldn't crank.

Sat there while he piddled with the motor.

Sat there....

Sat there some more...

Getting totally aggravated...and I wasn't alone. There were at least 4 boats behind me waiting.

Sat there...

Some other guys tried to jump him off, no go.

What really POed me was when the guy with the crappy truck said; "I was afraid this would happen. It's been doing that of and on for about a week."

I asked why the heck he turned to truck off then, why not just leave it running while he loaded.

"Cause my emergency brakes don't hold good so I have to leave it in gear."

Now I'm ready to kill his ass.

So I rounded up another guy with a 4x truck. I had some tow chain in mine, another fellow donated one of those woven tow straps. We hooked to the front of his truck and pulled his truck and boat out and out of the way.

1) Why would a man that's been having trouble with his truck not cranking go duck hunting in it?

2) Why would a man launch a boat when he's alone when his parking brake doesn't hold?

And worst of all....

3) Why would anyone depend on a Ford truck?

Some people have no brains at all. I guess it could have been worse, could have happened early that morning before we put in. Then I'd have driven 100 miles and not got to hunt.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 12-18-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    10-4 ducktail
    Can you imagine the $'s they could make off of parking for duck hunters. Provide a place where the paint ball scum bags would leave your truck alone...provide a tow service for mud motors...

capt tom, saw your vehicle at the landing this am. you weren't back yet. hope that means you were into 'em. i parked on the correct side for ya by the way.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Capt'n Tom, where are you from?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

drwilly,

Sorry I missed you, it would have been nice to put a face with a screen name! We were by no means into them. I think we ended up with 2 drake woodies, 1 bwt, 1 drake shoveler, 2 dog training hooded mergs, had one other teal we should have killed, and knocked one teal down that dove and never resurfaced!! It was however a fun morning with good company.

P.S. I am very proud of you for parking on the proper side

Big Brother,

I grew up on the eastern shore of Maryland on the Chesapeake, spent 4 years going to college in Wisconsin, then spent two years starting in ND and traveling down the flyway with ducks while working on my Grad project for LSU. Any particular reason why you are curious??

No particular reason. Just mildly curious.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I have heard of people getting upset because someone was in their hunting spot, but telling people where to park in a parking lot!!! LET'S GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!

You must be the lazy that can't back a boat in the water!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WEBFOOT View Post
    I have heard of people getting upset because someone was in their hunting spot, but telling people where to park in a parking lot!!! LET'S GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!

You must be the lazy that can't back a boat in the water!!!!!!!
    appartently you have no been to this landing or either you're the prick who parks in the way or jacks off at the boat ramp blocking everyone for ten minutes.

Its a very small turn around area along with a very narrow road.(that you park on the side of)

The problem lies when there are several people trying to put in but the ones waiting cant pull out the way of the guy leaving the landing so he is blocked in therefore blocking the ramp when he's trying not to. Then the next guy pulls in line becuase you can't see crap and it leads to 5 people having to back down the road trying to let the guy leaving the landing get by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.