Thread: Zac Farmer Calls- Check out.

Default Zac Farmer Calls- Check out.

Reading RY's post got me thinking, and I thought I would share. I am sure some of you have heard of Zack Farmer. He was the pastor at my church when I was young, and still attends my church in Providence. He is one of the nicer and more humble guys you will ever meet and a true legend when it comes to Turkey calls. I remember when we were in Sunday School he would always give us turkey feathers. He also had a lot of words on fly fishing for me. You old school guys this is for you, I just wish I could of been in the outdoors back when everything was so simple. He is as old school as you get when it comes to turkey hunting- his own calls, old double barrel, and him.

This is an older article but good one....
    http://www.thetandd.com/articles/200...c545120398.txt

Collectible Woodwind for sale.....
    http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/sto...380613707.html

Davis Love III- talking about Farmer and him coming to his almost 3000 acres on the GA coast.....

“I’ve focused it down to collecting calls made by guys I’ve gotten to know,” Love says. “For instance, there’s this preacher from Orangeburg, South Carolina, Zach Farmer. He’s the neatest guy. He comes down here and hunts. And we like him to come because he’s a friend, but he’s a piece of history. He’s seventy years old and has been making calls for almost as long.
    “He’s one of the best at what he does,” Love says. “And he appreciates what I do as a professional golfer. But mostly he likes to hunt turkey with me, so he comes up. We’re friends. It’s that simple.”

Some of Bill Henkel's collection of Farmer Woodwind callers

Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 12-03-2009 at 09:23 AM.

That's a great article.

Zachs a good man.....I serve on our NWTF Chapter with him and know him well......he is known around the world for his trumpet calls.......

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I will soon take ownership of an Ironwood Farmer Woodwind.

Six years................
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Very nice guy indeed.
    There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I will soon take ownership of an Ironwood Farmer Woodwind.

Six years................
    I take it he/you finally got it touch Andy........glad you are getting it finally....I know it's a long,long time to wait but I'm sure you will be satisfied.......I hope I can hear you run it this spring.........all this talk is getting me geared up........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

Extremely nice guy, he hunts on some of our land and like Swamper said used to be our Pastor. As slow and methodical as he is with a dinner blessing I bet he works an old tom like it is his job

Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    Extremely nice guy, he hunts on some of our land and like Swamper said used to be our Pastor. As slow and methodical as he is with a dinner blessing I bet he works an old tom like it is his job

Yep you know him......lol............

yes sir...don't close your eyes during the blessing you may nod off, but a great man, no doubt

He has blessed dinner a few times at our place too and a great man indeed!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE