Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carolina duck hunters

I dont think im the best. i kill ducks every year but have never been a rubberhead. i stay away from the crowds and call my ducks into the decoys! i take pride in what i hunt not what i kill!!!!
    Last edited by Duckhunter1648; 11-02-2009 at 07:16 PM.

lack of punctuation may result in a run-on sentence
    James 4:14

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    in my experience, those who use the word "rubberhead" are "rubberheads"

You don't say.....do tell.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

97% of south carolina "duck hunters" couldn't call a wild mallard if there life depended on it. In most duck hunting stories you will hear from the young frat boy duck hunter, you will hear the line, man we had some ducks working but they wouldn't quite commit so we had to shoot or the guys next to us would have. When duck hunting became "cool" the quality of the hunters went down and so did the hunting.

I am in that 97% but the difference with me is I do it on my own property. I can learn without affecting another hunter's hunting experience.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

If you hunt in areas with little traffic or during the week you dont have to worry about other folks so much.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

people who know me know I go to the extreme. I watch birds not jump them, put in countless hours of scouting, planting and blind building. There are some people who learned the right way and those who didn't. the ones that know are in an elite group, but my knowledge and experience is not going to be divulged across the net or to some kid who likes to blow more smoke with his mouth than with the end of his gun. killing ducks in sc isn't impossible but the few who are consistent put in the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Beanhunter: Sounds like you work hard at it and want to protect your spots from dumbasses, but how do you expect younger generations to learn the ways of the sport if you don't teach them. I am not saying give them your spot by any means, but ethics of duck hunting could definitely be taught without giving up coordinates of your spot. My feeling is that if you(not you in particular, but everyone who complains) have a problem with dumbass hunters who go in their daddy's boat boat and have no clue what to do, then you(not you in particular again) should try and spread knowledge to prevent this.

Just my thoughts.

Where's my shirt???? Been through this topic enough times to make it seem pointless. We are all greedy bastards and aint gonna help another hunter do anything..... Stop lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Hey bo is them ducks or sea gulls"

True... but besides that, there's so much bullshit on the "hunting" shows it is very difficult to teach anyone anything other than that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mohill View Post
    Beanhunter: Sounds like you work hard at it and want to protect your spots from dumbasses, but how do you expect younger generations to learn the ways of the sport if you don't teach them. I am not saying give them your spot by any means, but ethics of duck hunting could definitely be taught without giving up coordinates of your spot. My feeling is that if you(not you in particular, but everyone who complains) have a problem with dumbass hunters who go in their daddy's boat boat and have no clue what to do, then you(not you in particular again) should try and spread knowledge to prevent this.

Just my thoughts.

I gave up on helping dumbasses when i pulled up to the landing to pick my dad up last year a HOUR before shooting light(we were hunting a private pond) and there are two groups at the landing putting in. I speak accordingly, they ask were i'm from. Told them "here" and one group is from charlotte and the other is from 96.
    Then one guy says something like, "i heard there are alot of birds around here, especially in the ponds, are those pond up river or down river"
    That right there cut off my willingness to help. I sent him up river.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Over the past couple years I have introduced duck hunting to several newcomers to the sport. I have taught them pretty well I think and will continue to do so .i just like to pick and choose who I take that wants to get involved in the sport.
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

buckpro, why were you picking someone up at a public landing for a private hunt?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Most of the young people duck hunting in south carolina need more than help, they need to be taken out behind the woodshed to get a good beating.
    Last edited by BRR; 11-03-2009 at 07:16 PM.

haha if that's what you're thinking, you definitely need to step back. the only reason those smart birds get killed is bc of the dumbass rubberhead (that set up 50 yards down wind from you, 10 minutes after surise) spooked them your way....

in my experience, those who use the word "rubberhead" are "rubberheads"
    i use burlap and foliage but will have to stop now so i don't look like a rubberhead.
    Those pesky search engines.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

buckpro, why were you picking someone up at a public landing for a private hunt?
    it was the shortest/easiest way, plus i think a few people would be pissed driving by all the duck pnds right before dark
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Those pesky search engines.
    Bwahahahahahahahaha
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH