Thread: Fort Hood shooter 'is paralysed'

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Fort Hood shooter 'is paralysed'

Fort Hood shooter 'is paralysed'

The US Army psychiatrist accused of murdering 13 people at Fort Hood is paralysed, his lawyer says.

Maj Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, was shot by police during the incident at the Texas military base on 5 November.

Lawyer John Galligan told reporters his client had no feeling in his legs and doctors had told him the condition may be permanent.

Maj Hasan could face the death penalty after being charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder.

New information

On Thursday, the military revised the number of people injured in the attack, revealing that a total of 43 people were wounded.

Of those, 34 people received gunshot wounds, military investigators said.

It had been reported previously that 29 people and Maj Hasan had been injured, but more had come to light during the course of the investigation.

Police shot Maj Hasan four times, ending the gunman's rampage through the base after an hour and a half. It was reported at first that he had been killed.

'Extreme pain'

This was the first time Mr Galligan had been able to speak to his client, who is still in hospital in San Antonio.

"He understands who I am. We can talk," he said.

Police Sgt Kimberly Munley had been
    praised for shooting the gunman

"But I was only there for an hour and towards the end of the one-hour session, I could tell I was kind of pushing him in terms of my ability to keep him fresh and alert in a discussion with me."

Mr Galligan added that Maj Hasan was suffering "extreme pain" in his hands.

Meanwhile, doubts have emerged over who exactly fired the shots that brought down Maj Hasan.

Earlier this week Police Sgt Kimberly Munley, 34, appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show from her hospital bed where she was recovering from being wounded by Maj Hasan.

She said she had fired at the gunman.

But now Sgt Mark Todd says he was the one who "neutralised" Maj Hasan.

"I drew his attention toward me, and then he opened fire and then I neutralised him and secured him," Sgt Todd told CBS's Early Show.

They were the first shots Sgt Todd had fired at a human being in his 25-year career, he said.

'In the dark'

Mr Galligan said he was not pleased that his client had been charged by military authorities while he was in hospital, without his lawyers present.

"What I find disturbing is that my client is in ICU [Intensive Care Unit], and he's 150 miles south of his defence counsel, and he's being served with the charges," Mr Galligan told the Associated Press news agency.

"I'm in the dark and that shouldn't be the case. I am mad."

The civilian lawyer, appointed by Maj Hasan's family, told reporters he did not yet know if the military prosecutors would seek the death penalty in Maj Hasan's case.

He will ask the military court to appoint an additional military lawyer and a civilian investigator to work with him, he said.

The military have not ruled out filing further charges against Maj Hasan, prosecutors said.

A soldier killed in the attack was pregnant and charges could be brought over the unborn baby's death, it was reported on Friday.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Mr Galligan said he was not pleased that his client had been charged by military authorities while he was in hospital, without his lawyers present.

"What I find disturbing is that my client is in ICU [Intensive Care Unit], and he's 150 miles south of his defence counsel, and he's being served with the charges," Mr Galligan told the Associated Press news agency.

"I'm in the dark and that shouldn't be the case. I am mad."
    Tough titty jack. Your client is a military officer who committed his crimes on a military base. The military will handle it the way they want to, not how you want them to and not like a civilian. Hasan basically ain't got no rights, he's military property. And by shooting other military personnel he destroyed military property.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 11-14-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

How were the OTHER 9 injured if they were not shot? I hope the words "crowd surge" aren't in there, but that's what I am thinking. That's the first that I have heard of that.

tradorion Coots

and they are finally owning up to the likelihood that the mainstream media once again made up a hero without getting all the facts.

too bad the worthless bastard is not paralized fom the neck down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Fort Hood shooter 'is paralysed'

Meanwhile, doubts have emerged over who exactly fired the shots that brought down Maj Hasan.

Earlier this week Police Sgt Kimberly Munley, 34, appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show from her hospital bed where she was recovering from being wounded by Maj Hasan.

She said she had fired at the gunman.

But now Sgt Mark Todd says he was the one who "neutralised" Maj Hasan.

"I drew his attention toward me, and then he opened fire and then I neutralised him and secured him," Sgt Todd told CBS's Early Show.

They were the first shots Sgt Todd had fired at a human being in his 25-year career, he said.

Is Sgt Mark Todd trying to take credit from Sgt Kimberly Munley? If I am not mistaken Sgt Todd is African American and we all know that Sgt Munley is Caucasian. Only time will tell.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?