Thread: Advice on grass for boat blind

Default Advice on grass for boat blind

I just got done checking the fast grass on my boat blind and realized that the last two seasons took its toll on the grass. I need new grass. I had fast grass on it and during the seasons realized it did a great job of breaking up my outline but did not do the best job blending in. I hunt mostly tidal marshes where the cattail color of the fast grass does not blend in.

I am looking for a durable but darker camo/grass that will blend in better with the darker marsh grass. LET'S HEAR IT!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

I paint, stain, mud my grass.

I use painted fast grass....rattle can it with a little flat black and your good to go.

The grass mats work great. I take mine and cover them with mud. I then take them after it has dried and shake them off. I then add palms leaves to the outline to further break up my blind.

Thanks for the replies so far, I really appreciate it. I have done all those things and was just wondering if anyone found an alternative to the fast grass that matches our marshes better.

Saltynut says dye your grass with coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far, I really appreciate it. I have done all those things and was just wondering if anyone found an alternative to the fast grass that matches our marshes better.
    I take my grass and soak it down with water and hang it on like a clothes line to dry it adds a little dead color to the grass and dulls it out so its not so bright then i paint it with the marsh grass color camo paint along with some flat black and top it off with a little brown(dark) it comes out really good but the first season it stands out due to everything still a little green. Good luck with it a too have to get new grass this year as well.

Weathering, paint, staining, and mudding are about your best and only options. Not much else out there that is any better except getting the real stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.