Thread: Outer Banks Guide

Default Outer Banks Guide

Anyone know of a good guide on the outer banks of NC? I've put in for a swan tag and if I get it I would like to go for 3 or 4 days to hunt puddle ducks, sea ducks, geese, and of course swan. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I've hunted with Ken Dempsey out of Ocracoke Island and had a really good hunt.
    He would have been nice next year.

did you seen any swans?

Mattamaskeet. THE place for filling a swan tag. Good luck, and sorry, I don't know anyone up that way.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson

no, we weren't targeting swans. We shot redheads and pintails and the likes.
    He would have been nice next year.

Redux...you got to know somebody up that way. Come on just say a name!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Thanks Saltmuck! Wait, you better not make me have to talk about a certain date that someone made a certain miscalculation on a certain something that a certain Saltmuck don't want to talk about!!! When you comin down? You gonna be able to go with me for the Oct Season up @ da spot? I think we need to camp out and roast marshmallows and sing kumbayama. That may keep some of those morons out of da hole. Last time I was there, we had several mottleds lock up and land in the dekes. Do you think they are considere blacks up there? You can't shoot a black till Dec 1, but how about mottleds? Whatcha thank dawg?
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Saltmuck, the early short season opened today, and I am sick. You wanna try and go Friday or Sat am? Gaddies and tealz are dere. I need sum mo grilled duck in my diet, you know.