Thread: Food Plots

Default Food Plots

How are everyone's food plots coming in?
    Keep talking and I am gonna put some south in your mouth.

I've got a wierd mixture planted, but it seems to be doing good. Its a mixture of different red and white clovers, aeschynome, and alfalfa. I should have mixed some wheat and oats with it but I didn't. Got it in the ground a week before the monsoon a few weeks ago. got some good rain on it yesterday and today. seems to be coming up pretty good. the aeschynome looks like a bunch of little ferns coming up. I'll probably regret not mixing it with wheat and or oats.
    \"Go to Know\"

Ours are looking good but they are not hitting them much. To many acorns but they should be great come late season.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I just finished planting yesterday. Should be good to go by next week.

Oats,crimson clover and rape.

We planted a few weeks ago on our place in Piedmont, took about a week to get some rain but it is really looking nice now, we planted Wheat,Rye,Oats, Austrian Winter peas, and clover on one half and the other half we planted around July the 4th in Peas,Sunflower, Sorghum, and corn and it did Okay but just not enough rain for the early crop......

I am about to plant the winter greens but the deer have been mowing the peas in one plot and the mix in the other can't get up beyond 6" before the deer clean it off.

As I watch them, it is interesting they always get a bit of corn before they move to the salad bar.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Two 1/2 Acre Plots Of Wheat, One 1/2 Acre Plot Of Tecomate Monster Mix, One 1/2 Acre Plot Of Tecomate Max Attract 50/50, And Two 1 Acre Plots Of Oats And Winter Peas Planted Oct 1 So We Will See How It Comes Up