Since 1998 I have hunted the same dove field in North Georgia on the opening day. The "top field," which is where I take the same stand year after year is the hottest of four "areas" which make up the dove field. Year after year it is a true barn burner. For several years I wore full camo and concealed myself well in the bottom left corner of the field. However, I started to notice the flight pattern of the birds. For the past few years I've worn carhart shorts and my 2003 scducks poker run t-shirt (supersticious thing). I know what the flight pattern of the field is (for the past few years) and I use that to my advantage. Last year I had my limit in about 45 minutes because I knew how the birds wanted to come into the field.

Bottom line, if you've hunted the same field for a few seasons you should know the main flight pattern of the birds. If you position yourself in that flight pattern camo is much less of a concern.

Because my hair is thin on the top of my head I wear a hat. I'm an instinctive shooter so I shoulder my gun half a second before I pull the trigger. As long as I'm still and in the right spot, filling my bag isn't an issue. The real issue is figuring out my target picture/sight picture and connecting with dastardly doves .

For two years (2006/2007) I hunted a very large dove field (about 35 acres). The flight pattern changed every hunt it seemed. I had the best luck when I put the sun in my face with a mojo 50 yards in front of me. I wore full camo and concealed myself well, with the exception of my sunglasses. I had better luck than the rest of the guys on the field.

If you have previous years' knowledge of the hotspots on the field (flight pattern) do what you can to get in the right spot. If you just can't get in the right spot make sure to keep movement to a minimum, keep shell boxes and empties covered with burlap or in your dove stool/seat and keep an eye on the guy(s) who are in the flight pattern. When they limit out and leave take over their [previous] position.

I tend to stick to my sidebyside and the sunflash off of the gun has nothing to do with the number of birds I fell, in my opinion.