Thread: Odd off the moon

Default Odd off the moon

I had been piddling around the bream ponds hoping some the bigger fish decided to spawn a little early this year(as they have in past years)
    Before the full, there were a handful of beds with less then 10 fish fanning beds spread out over the pond.
    Then the cold spell seemed to have caused the big shellcrackers to desert the beds.
    I gave up on the early spawn.

Decided to head down this afternoon to throw some bugs around before dark.
    Was working a foam spider and wham, big cracker was pulling my little sneak towards him.
    When i got him to hand i was close to where he hit the bug.......i look down and there are 40+ paper plates defending sand spots.
    Go figure.
    I worked em over and caught 5 before they lost interest in the spider.
    Moved down the bank and saw some swirling on the bank in front of the weeds.
    Tell tell bass............turned out to be another big bed of 30-40 fish.

I invited stretch,foie gras,and DM1 and none could swing the trip in the am.
    If any of you bream fanatics wanna fill a cooler in the morning get at me soon.

Catdaddy, now's the time to get your big sows for your pond.
    Last edited by BOGSTER; 04-14-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: cause
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.