Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** Are these guys guiding on public land for fees??**

I love the pictures of those B&C "Jocasse Gourge" (aka Jocasse Gorge) bucks that they posted. Not to mention that there is not such thing as Vant's Grove. I assume they mean Fant's Grove. This site was obviously made by idiots for idiots.
    Besides putting additional pressure on our already overhunted public lands, I don't think this would be illegal. You can spend your money whatever dumbass way you want to. It is common to have guided hunts on public land out west, but you are talking about huge tracts of land.

I just had a chance to actually look at the website, seems they have targeted many WMA's for all kinds of hunts,

These guys are Idiots!!! That is All.
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

SCTIMBER Coots

$1750 to sleep out in a tent for 5 days in Woodbury

hilarious

I called the phone number and talked to a lady who didn't know much. she gave me the number of one of her deer guides who lives in walhalla. i talked to this fine specimen about five minutes ago. My main concern was that they are advertising the opportunity to take a boone&crocket buck in the mountains of south carolina. I informed this seasoned veteran that one buck that qualifies for the b&c record book had ever been taken in the mountains of sc. Bill Wyatt 1994. He let me know that many other b&c bucks had been taken in the mountains, but were done so illegally, therefore no record existed. please call these fuckin morons and let them know how you feel about their attempt to make money in a very shitty way. just my thoughts, but I hope the general concensus isn't very far off.
    \"Go to Know\"

No doubt this is some piece of crap outfit. Who the hell would pay these prices? The guys must be on drugs?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Drugs are expensive.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

FBT i sent them an email saying about the samething you did. lets see if they will send me something back!

The Guy Emailed Me Back Talking Shit. Then At The End He Offered Me A Job!!!!! Whats Up With That?

Pretty sure he needs clients more than guides.

yea thats what im thinking
    "BTW, I pay better than anyone else in the hunting industry. You need a job? I like your spirit, and you sound like you know how to hunt."
    thats what he said to me

He just told me they didnt book any deer hunts this year just bear hunts in GA. HAHA

Labhumper is just mad because they are charging more than his tight ass is willing to spend.

I bet they have a special turkey hunting package for the handicapped.

And you are just jealous Cat because you drive a blue tractor and not an orange one.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

They show a picture of this hog(Europeon), but in reality................

It will look like these(farmer Brown's).

Also he's a quote from their website........

"We are not allowed to hunt over food as bait on any of our hunts. "

That's because they don't allow baiting on WMA's. Man-driving will be the only effective method of hoghunting after the first day. They will go nocturnal faster than deer anyday.

Before I would book a hunt, I would just ride down I-95 and throw hundred dollar bills out the window.........and sleep in my own bed.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-13-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ktownduckhunter View Post
    The Guy Emailed Me Back Talking Shit. Then At The End He Offered Me A Job!!!!! Whats Up With That?
    . And then the banjo playin begins!!

Here is your B&C Jocasse Gorges Deer. When they can put people on deer like the one I killed here then they might be on to something but anyone can find deer like those and kill them with a little effort put into it themselves without a "guide".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

SCTIMBER Coots

in response to my email :

The other plantations might have lodging and cheaper rates. No doubt. They may or may not be fully guided too. I don't know how they conduct their hunts. I've heard that some are sitting in a tree stand all day hoping for a hog to wander by. I don't know how the others hunt.

Ours is fully guided with an experienced guide, tents, gear, etc. is furnished and a darn good camp cook. You get to stay right in the heart of the hunt area. I don't know the exact location and I doubt that my guide would want to tell you the exact location of where he plans on hunting. Kinda keeps a bunch of people from showing up who may or may not be friendly (PITA).

I have forwarded your message to my guide, Russell.

Our regular hunts are $275.00/day/hunter and doesn't include lodging, transportation, or food.

The no frills hunt is $250/day and it's cheaper than our regular guide fee of $275.00/day.

And it's a 5 day hunt. Or 3 day minimum.

Yes, there's a spot open. You have any preferences? If you have any specific quetions, please email at your convenience.

Sincerely,

MM (no it ain't mergie)

PITA huh ???

quetions

dave you been spreading your jeans around?
    Last edited by SCTIMBER; 03-14-2009 at 08:14 PM.