Thread: 2008-9 Year End Reviews

Default 2008-9 Year End Reviews

How did everyone's new stuff fare over the season? Post 'em up and rate them from 1 Band to 5 Bands. Give Pros and Cons...

Black Cloud Shells- (2 bands)
    Pro- Looks like great technology.
    Con- Patterned like crap in my citori, especially beyond 30 yards.

Bushnell 5.0 Trailcam with Flash- (3 1/2 Bands)
    Pro- CRAZY long battery life, EASY to use... I have the same ray-o-vacs in it that I put in 45 days ago. 250+ pics later it is still kickin. Seemed to be fairly sensitive.
    Con- Not exactly squatty quality pics, but gets the job done.

Cuddeback Capture IR 3.0 (1 1/2 Bands)
    Pro- takes great daytime pics, battery life is not bad (I got it for $90 in the Cabelas bargain cave in Ft. Worth)... vastly easier to use than the Cuddeback Expert.
    Con- Extremely difficult to get this camera started. Along with many other 3.0 IR users I had to buy a SD reader/writer... then buy ONLY a NEW UNUSED Sandisk 2GB card then download software to the card from the Cuddeback website using the reader/writer... then update the camera software with a the new card. The camera works now, but I still need the reader/writer and a laptop to view the pics in the field. (every other cam I ever had simply allowed me to use my Nikon Coolpix to view the images)

Columbia Howling Wind Reversible Jacket (5 Bands)
    Pro- This may be the best jacket I have ever purchased. Timber Camo on one side, Wetlands on the other, quiet, windproof, waterproof to this point, quiet in the deer stand and swamp... as opposed to H2O's loudass gortex.
    Wish they made pants like this.
    Cons- wish the pockets had zippers and a fleece lining on both sides.

Nothing to review. I decided that I had WAY too much stuff already and didn't buy anything new.

Nothing New (5 Bands)
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

lacrosse waders(dont remember which ones) 4 bands
    pros: love the briar guard...havent had any real problems with them so far
    cons:wish the front pocket was bigger, so it could hold a few extra shells.

primos blind bag: 5 bands
    pros: holds everything i need, keeps everything dry, got enough room for a few snacks and an extra pair of socks just in case i fall in or get hungry. Has a zipper that you dont have to go around the corners with so it is easy to deal with in the dark.(youd have to see the zipper to know what im talkin bout)
    cons: non...i was completely satisfied with it.

foiles water proof gun sleeve: 3 bands
    pros: does a great job keepin the water out
    cons:also does a great job keepin the water IN once it gets there.