Thread: Randolph's landing

Default Randolph's landing

Guys every year a group of six of us take a fishing trip for a week. The last 2 years has been to clark hill and the previous 2 to jacks creek. Jacks creek is just too small for three boats cause we all fish the same way and therefore the same areas. This year we are looking at Randolphs. Our only concern is wind. We all fish out of 14'-16' boats. My question is if the wind gets up how much of a problem would it be to get to potato and wyaboo creeks in those small boats. And what may be some other options for potato and wyaboo creek. Thanks in advance for the help.

being up against the dam, Randolphs can be a bitch to put in and take out with a small boat. Lake View marina around the corner is much easier to launch but John Land public landing is even better and is right on Wyboo.

john c landing is on taw caw creek not wyboo. Alex harvin is on wyboo however. Think they are looking at a place to stay the night too. Scarboroughs might be what you are looking for if you want to stay outta the wind.
    Last edited by Hooked 0n Quack; 01-21-2009 at 07:21 PM.

it can get nasty out there if you are in the big water, it isn't a long ride from randolphs to wyboo, maybe 5-10 minutes, depending on how fast you go and what part of wyboo you want to get to. What are you fishing for? Catfishing is very good there, but can get rough. Bass and you should be fine around the edge. I took a 14' duracraft with 25 merc from randolphs to the dock restaraunt in Monkes Corner and came back across Moultrie during a Tstorm. Busted 2 rivets and cracked the transom in 3 places. Will never do that again. Just be careful
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

like HOQ said, might want to check out Scarboroughs. Good cheeseburgers there too.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Scarboroughs has slacked off with the cheeseburgers since they rebuilt but J&E right up the road aint too shabby
    Last edited by Hooked 0n Quack; 01-21-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I took a 14' duracraft with 25 merc from randolphs to the dock restaraunt in Monkes Corner and came back across Moultrie during a Tstorm. Busted 2 rivets and cracked the transom in 3 places. Will never do that again. Just be careful

That's another SMOOTH MOVE COOL! I thought I was the only one dumb enough to try that.

i haven't been there since the new place was built after the fire. J&E is the junk though. Got some dang good hamburger steaks too.

J&E caught fire? Thats the one that the black people run on the right going in? Damn good food if thats it. I have not been by there since June.

Sorry... was reading too fast. Thought it was J&E on fire.

Yep. Harvin is the public landing.

yeah trailertrash, it was calm as crap going through the diversion and slick as glass on moultrie. Went down the locks and hit the tailrace and rode to the dock, stopped at anglers, got some gas and headed back. When they opened the locks, moultrie was whitcapping. We would ride a wave and then slap another. When we finally got to the diversion, i backed off the throttle and my dad looked back at me and said that that was one of the dumbest things we had ever done. He said he'd never go back on that lake in a little boat again

make sure you check out the nite life at casa di pasta

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

rumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

dad called scarobourgh's and they are no longer open. That is where we use to stay. Would staying at randolphs and driving to the public landing if the water is rough be a good move. We will be bass fishing.

Yaeh, no matter what the wind is doing, you can find a landing to put in at. Game Warden is a good one also and has some pretty good bass fishing close to it.

We have accomodations at The Villas at Wyboo that are a couple of miles from C Alex Harvin Landing. You can look us up online and give us a call if you are interested. It is a great spot for fisherman.
    Last edited by c.ducky; 01-25-2009 at 11:45 PM.

Find you some where to stay in the area and trailer to surrrounding areas. everything in wyboo can be about 5-8 minutes from randolfs. Also you can drive over to jacks one day if you want its about 25 min.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.