Thread: North Charleston Hunting

Default North Charleston Hunting

I go to school at Charleston Southern and was wondering if anyone knew anywhere me and a pal could hunt down here because we aren't from down here. If you could help that would be great. AND i am not trying to steal anyone's spot or anything so don't think of it like that.

I have done really well in the past at Wild Wings in the market on Wednesdays.

There some OTE split tail in there wall to wall after 10pm.

Be sure to wear your life jacket though.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

that was a good one!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbrother
    ----------

Devin7 I will try to help you out since you are new. DON'T ask for areas to hunt, your gonna piss a bunch of people off. The best way to find places is to ask about a landing you can put in at (this will still be pushing it for some people). Or go to the DNR office down there and talk to a GW, they will always be glad to get you started. Then it is up to you after that. I'm not from down that way so, Does anyone know of a landing that this guy put in at?

dont know about hunting in that area do know a boat landind to put in at rimley point
    in mount pleasant try that?

ps im new to this sight also

good luck!

Thanks fellas

I'll try to help you some, I was in your same shoes when I moved here from Beaufort 3 yrs ago, didn't have a clue where to start cause I had hunted private land my whole life before moving to charleston for work.

Depends on what you want to hunt (swamps, coastal, rivers, lake). Best bet is to find some public swamp (gonna need a WMA permit) consult rules & regs to find out which days the public land can be hunted, get some waders, wade into the swamp (don't set up on top of someone that is already there) and bust some woodies. If you gotta boat and willing to drive head up to Lake Moultrie or Marion and put in at one of the boat landings up there. But you will want to consult rules & regs as some of the areas, islands, shores in the lakes are WMA and require you to have the WMA permit mentioned above and can only be hunted on certain days, same thing goes here, don't set up on top of someone else be courteous and ease on out and try it another day or get there earlier next time. I do however have what I like to call my Black Book of Public Hunting comprised of all the tidbits, honeyholes, when to on what conditions, etc. I have hunted and researched over the yrs, for the right price it can be yours too...I'm just kidding...You'll get the hang of it eventually, good luck.

Thanks TripleTail