Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Finished Product.

Nice job Dave!

My first boat was a 1436 john boat with a 9.5 '69 Evinrude..........I actually miss that boat. We nicknamed it the "SS Minnow". That thing was real narrow but it got me from point A to point B. Not very fast but it got the job done. Me and my buddies had some great fellowship in that boat.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by SCTurkeyGuide View Post
    I'm glad the "plan came together," Dave! Great rig and I'm confident you'll make some great memories with it.

Did you ever get the blind to fit or was it just to much?

Again, well done my friend!
    That blind just a wee bit to heavy, its going on my new boat. THANK you TY!
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

Are those my decoys?
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

DCMBSC,
    We have never met, maybe one day we will. First of all you catch a rash of sh%t on this website and have a pretty good sense of humor about it, I like that. Secondly, a man with a boat is a free man and man that has options. Thirdly, a man that uses his hands to build anything worth having, even if it is just improving on something else is better man for it, you should be proud. There are few things more committed than a young man with a boat and a desire to hunt duck.

One day you will no longer be young, but you will always want to hunt duck. Here is is advice worth its weight in gold and I give it to you for free. Buy an auto inflatable, suspender style, 35 lb. life jacket and wear it whenever the motor is running AND any of the following conditions exists: you are alone, whenever it is dark outside or whenever the water temp is below 65. The only reason I specify an inflatable is that you are far more likely to wear it. Of course, if money is particularly tight (inflatables can be expensive) go buy a SOLAS grade Type 1 May West and wear it. If you cannot afford it, come to Florence or NMB and I will give you one for free. It appears that is MI in your picture or some coastal town, often commercial fishermen will give you an out of date Type 1 if you ask.

Last piece of advice, buy a good dry box and put everything of value in it. The only thing I ask in return is that you pass this advice on to others. Now let's get back to the serious work of ball busting that everyone likes so much. MG
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 01-14-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

tradorion Coots

I second the inflatable- i do not know the model but Cabela's carries the one DNR issues and it is the single best/smartest piece of equipment that they have EVER handed over-- inflates when it goes under 4inches... it has been tested both "for record" and "totally unintentionally" and has passed all tests with flying colors.

R

good lookin first boat Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Shotunderit View Post
    Are those my decoys?
    haha yup. Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    DCMBSC,
    We have never met, maybe one day we will. First of all you catch a rash of sh%t on this website and have a pretty good sense of humor about it, I like that. Secondly, a man with a boat is a free man and man that has options. Thirdly, a man that uses his hands to build anything worth having, even if it is just improving on something else is better man for it, you should be proud. There are few things more committed than a young man with a boat and a desire to hunt duck.

One day you will no longer be young, but you will always want to hunt duck. Here is is advice worth its weight in gold and I give it to you for free. Buy an auto inflatable, suspender style, 35 lb. life jacket and wear it whenever the motor is running AND any of the following conditions exists: you are alone, whenever it is dark outside or whenever the water temp is below 65. The only reason I specify an inflatable is that you are far more likely to wear it. Of course, if money is particularly tight (inflatables can be expensive) go buy a SOLAS grade Type 1 May West and wear it. If you cannot afford it, come to Florence or NMB and I will give you one for free. It appears that is MI in your picture or some coastal town, often commercial fishermen will give you an out of date Type 1 if you ask.

Last piece of advice, buy a good dry box and put everything of value in it. The only thing I ask in return is that you pass this advice on to others. Now let's get back to the serious work of ball busting that everyone likes so much. MG

I always where my lifejacket. Are you talking about the ones with the little co2 canister?

Quote Originally Posted by dcmbsc View Post
    I always where my lifejacket. Are you talking about the ones with the little co2 canister?
    Yes, the ones with 35 lbs of buoyancy will turn your head upright if you are knocked out. MG
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true

Dum Spiro Spero

Nice job dave! If ya decide not to go to the library....i THINK have that book somewhere and would be glad to loan it to ya if i do. The book has some difficult words in there, i remmember several i had to look up when i read it back in 3rd or 4th grade but hey, that's what you got SCDUCKS for right? anyhow congrats bo

tradorion Coots

Default That's The Ticket

That mother is Bad Ass-- one guy was test running a boat after a shop trip (a Bentz and they ain't real stable)... he hit a wake and said "Man those are some skinny ass legs flying over my head-- oh shit!! those are MY skinny ass legs....." and the world went black. When he came to his buddy at the ramp had grabbed a boat and rushed out to him-- she had fired perfectly and he was floating face up-- a very happy ending.

Get one Dave

IS it self inflatable or you have to pull it ? or both?

Quote Originally Posted by dcmbsc View Post
    IS it self inflatable or you have to pull it ? or both?
    It is automatic, but you can pull it manually if you would like. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I am getting one. soon... Till then I will where the nice obx one class 3 i got.

[QUOTE=dcmbsc;336398]I always where my lifejacket.

Good for you. HB22 and my daughter both know that if they get caught without seatbelts in the car or life jackets on in the boat, the fun comes to an immediate halt and we go home.

Great job on the boat.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

dont let him make yall think he shot all them ducks! i shot 5 of emm i think he shot 2 i think we wound up with 4 mergs, 2 buffleheads and a hooded merg he shot a merg and a drake buffle head and i shot 3 mergs 1 buffle head hen, and 1 hooded merg. had a pretty good morning that day. thanks spellcheck! haha