Thread: 1/07/09

Default 1/07/09

Made the short trip to the swamp this morning... by myself. My hunting partner never showed. Don't know what's up with that one. First time he has ever stood me up on a hunt. Decided to only put on the rubber boots (snake proof) and shoot nothing past the power line row since I knew they would be an easy find since the dog comes with the hunting buddy. Wind was blowing over 20 in gust this morning and the ducks were flying into the wind so it slowed them down and gave me some pretty good circus stunts to watch. Had 8 that were in good gun range and just couldn't pull the trigger. Figured if my partner has a good excuse there is no reason putting any pressure on the birds by myself. Saw probably 35-40 total with all but about 10 of them landing about 80 yards out from where I was. They were talking it up on the water but I couldn't see any of them due to the cattails. I don't know if I missed any of them or not. They flew in from a different direction from the way they flew years ago. I wasn't expecting that but it's a hole I have not hunted in years. If my hunting partner is still alive I guess we will try it again tomorrow morning in the same hole. Hopefully they will make the same flight.

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

you are a good man for waiting on your buddy.

woodies???
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

From what I could tell they were all woodies. The ones I passed on were for sure. A couple of the others over shot the hole and circled with the sun on them and I know they were also. A few made the quick dive in about 1 minute after shooting time and I couldn't be for sure. The dark rain clouds were in the direction the birds came from so it was hard to tell on the quick birds. I would imagine they were too since I have never killed anything but woodies in this hole.

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

10-4! Bust them in the lips tomorrow.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!