Thread: bath nc

Default bath nc

hunting in bath nc this saturday with booger harris on the pamlico river. have any of you ever hunted this , just wondering how it is? when we booked we booked for canvasbacks, but yall know how that turned out. any info will be greatly apprieciated

I've been in and around Bath a bit. Never been on the water there, but have been on it up the road a few minutes in Belhaven. A bunch of Ruddy Ducks, Buffleheads, and Bluebills. A few Mallards, but they were back in the holes off the river. Good luck hunting up in Blackbeards ol' stomping grounds!

thanks for the info. did you hunt with a guide or on your own in pantego. how wide is the river there it looks pretty big on the map

Actually, I was east of Belhaven up river. It is real wide up through there. Better than a mile and a half. I was hunting on my own. The guy I bear hunt with up there is a real estate agent, and points me in the right direction when I go.

ive hunted with booger, he will work hard to get you on some birds.

If you've got your swan tags, he is a swan killin machine
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans