Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Truck

If SportinWoodies doesn't have a limit of ducks draped across the hood of that by February 1st I'm going to be sad.

Jumping it over a bonfire would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I am not one to need a new truck in fact I really dont like anything available currently but I keep looking at these vehicle prices and wonder if it all comes crashing down due to vehicle debt or if they keep ratcheting higher because people are dumb enough to pay it. It is insane what people spend to ride.
    Status has a price and most are willing to go into major debt or go broke to appear wealthy. They'll continue to pay it no matter how high the price. For the "gram" if for nothing else.
    Last edited by Glenn; Yesterday at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I just crossed over 240k in my 06 tundra. I think about this often and always end up happy with what I have.
    I have 170,000 on my '05. Hoping I get another 10 years before I have to see if KRT can resuscitate it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I am rougher on shit than most. Dodge is the most fragile. Also made by union labor. I do my level best not to feed that monster.
    Union labor? You really think the UAW is only assembling Ram. Might as well cut your power off, quit buying food , clothes etc. everything we buy has a portion of the Union affiliation . You feed that monster everyday .

I do my level best not to feed that monster. If I have a choice, I avoid. Unions are a cancer.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    What motor is that?

Sent from my motorola edge 2024 using Tapatalk
    Looks like a 5.3 direct injection from the 2014-2019 era

Buy a F150 with the 5.0L and have them remove the start/stop feature. For V8 purists, it's about your only option left in the 1/2-ton market worth a shit. Or go into a F250 with the 6.8L or 7.3L pushrod V8's, your feelings won't be hurt because you're use to shitty mileage with the Tundra but, will love the extra power. Plus, the seats go back far enough for you to put those size 15's under the dash.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    I don’t see catch cans on diesel trucks.
    Never seen one on a gas engine either, not factory.
    More fuel = more boost!!

get one with working blinkers
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Been thinking about a 5.0 as a hunting drive to work truck
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    Been thinking about a 5.0 as a hunting drive to work truck
    2016 with the 6 speed brother… pro tip
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    2016 with the 6 speed brother… pro tip
    Chevrolet or Fjord?
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Chevrolet or Fjord?
    Ford with the 5.0
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I am rougher on shit than most. Dodge is the most fragile. Also made by union labor. I do my level best not to feed that monster.
    So is GM!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Buy a F150 with the 5.0L and have them remove the start/stop feature. For V8 purists, it's about your only option left in the 1/2-ton market worth a shit. Or go into a F250 with the 6.8L or 7.3L pushrod V8's, your feelings won't be hurt because you're use to shitty mileage with the Tundra but, will love the extra power. Plus, the seats go back far enough for you to put those size 15's under the dash.
    Exactly what I did and why I did it. Reasonable happy. Miss my little Tacoma, but it’s been adopted by my son so we still spend time together.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Ford with the 5.0
    yup..almost bought a 2018 Lariat. I guess the 10-gear is problematic.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Just went through this back and forth on what to buy. My Dad ended up getting a 25 Sierra so i bought his 15 5.0 with 120k on it. Damn thing had been washed twice a week for the last 9 years. Should be a great hunting and ballfield truck after i degrandpa it.
    IMG_8641.jpg
    No matter if it’s pistols, pussies, pistons or pocket knives, it needs lubrication!

Loved my 2019 GMC and really like my 2024 Chevy LTZ loaded. The 10 speed tranny on the new one has more get up and get it than the 8 speed did. Never had a problem with the 2019 and let her go with 59000. I did have the oil changed every 3000 and tranny flushed at 45000
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Stay away from the Chevy's. I've had 7 in the last 10 years. They're junk.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    Stay away from the Chevy's. I've had 7 in the last 10 years. They're junk.
    Why you keep buying them? Hell, I bought my first one in 22yrs in ‘20 and remembered why I didn’t buy the POS after it was in the shop 9X before 1,000 miles. I won’t make that mistake again.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013