Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance is a rip off

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    You know it’s bad when your very own agent tells you to shop around for car insurance and even goes as far to tell you where to start looking and what to expect. That’s what mine did and after nearly my entire adult life I don’t have any vehicles with State Farm. Taxes and insurance are 2 of the worst crimes against this country since the civil rights age. You can argue all you want but my opinion is mine and I’ll live with it.
    I’m not arguing, I am just stating facts. It’s a numbers game and numbers don’t lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know it’s bad when your very own agent tells you to shop around for car insurance and even goes as far to tell you where to start looking and what to expect. That’s what mine did and after nearly my entire adult life I don’t have any vehicles with State Farm. Taxes and insurance are 2 of the worst crimes against this country since the civil rights age. You can argue all you want but my opinion is mine and I’ll live with it.
    And as an agent, it sucks to watch customers, especially long term consumers go out the door.

What i find interesting we have many companies wanting to compete for our business package (WC, General Liability and Auto) nearly $75,000 but there is only a slight difference in the cost usually not enough to change providers. I have a good agent that provide bonds and professional insurance also who takes care of me why would i change for $500. Make sleeping much easier at night.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    What i find interesting we have many companies wanting to compete for our business package (WC, General Liability and Auto) nearly $75,000 but there is only a slight difference in the cost usually not enough to change providers. I have a good agent that provide bonds and professional insurance also who takes care of me why would i change for $500. Make sleeping much easier at night.
    I dig it

The solution to all of this is don’t have insurance. Buy a house you can afford without a mortgage, and the only insurance you’ll really have to have is liability on your vehicle, only if you want to drive. Your call.

If you owe “me” money on your house, you’re going to have insurance to cover “my” collateral.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    The solution to all of this is don’t have insurance. Buy a house you can afford without a mortgage, and the only insurance you’ll really have to have is liability on your vehicle, only if you want to drive. Your call.

If you owe “me” money on your house, you’re going to have insurance to cover “my” collateral.
    Agree 1000%. You aren’t required to have property insurance on anything you own clear and free. Not sure what the pushback is on “having” to carry insurance on something you have financed.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post

You mean the lender(s) are concerned for their money with that family making $150k/year, living in a $450k house (that they put 2% down on), with two $50k cars (minimal down on both), a $50k boat (5% down on it, 10-year note of course), a $10k (0% for 60 months) can-am and $15k of rolling credit card debt?

Why ever would they be concerned??
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    A $2000 utility trailer should be costing you less than 200/year. Did they file it out your homeowners? Should be on a separate policy.

It was filed with the homeowners via the 800 number on my policy. I did not have a separate policy for it, nor do I have for its replacement. As per my previous comments, I will not file anything under $10k loss (ever again) so no insurance for loss with the trailer. MG
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; Today at 09:56 AM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    It was filed with the homeowners via the 800 number on my policy. I did not have a separate policy for it, nor do I have for its replacement. As per my previous comments, I will not file anything under $10k loss so no insurance for loss with the trailer. MG
    Agent should have written you a separate policy where it wasn’t attached to your homeowners. Subject to little or no deductible and won’t affect homeowners insurance.

How bout we enforce the laws that are already on the books making it illegal for someone to drive without insurance and let me decide if I need un-insured motorist added to my policy.

Don't ask me how to enforce it. I don't have a clue.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Insurance is a scam. Until your home burns to the ground or your kid gets wasted and runs your boat through a pontoon full of nuns. Risk mitigation should be it's own mandatory subject course throughout highschool...

How bout we enforce the laws that are already on the books making it illegal for someone to drive without insurance and let me decide if I need un-insured motorist added to my policy.

Don't ask me how to enforce it. I don't have a clue.
    Uninsured is not only for you but your passengers as well

Serious question will they get dropped at next renewal?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Serious question will they get dropped at next renewal?
    I have stopped trying to predict the answer to that question. Too many factors.

In my line of work as a real estate lawyer I have learned that there are some really lazy and stupid insurance agents out there and by the sound of it Bobby White ain't one of them.
    So be careful about choosing your agent and ask lots of questions which should help sort out their level of expertise.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    In my line of work as a real estate lawyer I have learned that there are some really lazy and stupid insurance agents out there and by the sound of it Bobby White ain't one of them.
    So be careful about choosing your agent and ask lots of questions which should help sort out their level of expertise.
    I feel warm and fuzzy

With todays court awards i doubt most of you have enough insurance to cover most liability claims against your home or auto. Company vehicles with a million or more insurance are a prime target for insurance claim scammers. This is why i dont have decals on my service trucks, it is a bulls eye for scammers. However some companies give a discount for decals thinking is makes a driver act more responsible.
    Last edited by centurian; Today at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    With todays court awards i doubt most of you have enough insurance to cover most liability claims against you home of auto. Company vehicles with a million of more insurance are a prime target for insurance claim scammers. This is why i dont have decals on my service trucks, it is a bulls eye for scammers. However some companies give a discount for decals thinking is make a driver act more responsible.
    Umbrella policies are the biggest bang for the buck in insurance.

Insurance is a scam. Your example is a lucky customer. I once saw a woman get denied a new roof from a storm that thrashed her roof because they said her gutters were filled with debris. No joke, thats how insurance got out of it. I felt so so bad for the lady and she fought like hell but ultimately she paid out of pocket. If I didnt have to have insurance, I wouldnt pay a dime for it. Legal thievery

In my own case, I own a 600k house and have to have flood insurance. FEMA is the only one that provides flood insurance. One day I got bored and started looking into this, and the max payout is 250k. So if I lose my 600k house to a flood, the best I can ever get as a replacement would be a 250k house. Again, MAJOR F'ing scam lol.
    Last edited by flashman252; Today at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flashman252 View Post
    Insurance is a scam. Your example is a lucky customer. I once saw a woman get denied a new roof from a storm that thrashed her roof because they said her gutters were filled with debris. No joke, thats how insurance got out of it. I felt so so bad for the lady and she fought like hell but ultimately she paid out of pocket. If I didnt have to have insurance, I wouldnt pay a dime for it. Legal thievery

In my own case, I own a 600k house and have to have flood insurance. FEMA is the only one that provides flood insurance. One day I got bored and started looking into this, and the max payout is 250k. So if I lose my 600k house to a flood, the best I can ever get as a replacement would be a 250k house. Again, MAJOR F'ing scam lol.
    I suspect there is more to that roof story.

Blame that on the person that sold you the FEMA policy and didn’t explain it. It clear as day. I don’t fault you for not knowing but I fault them for not having the conversation.