Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bighorns Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Nice.
    See any wolves or grizz? Both have taken up residence in the Big Horns.
    Negative. I did see a mountain lion, just for a second. I was glassing a canyon at first light and caught it moving along a rocky ledge. The area I was hunting had world class mule deer hunting 20-25 years ago. Lions have hammered the deer populations and are way more of an issue than the wolves or grizzlies due to being more wide spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Congrats! Jesus shoots a .25-06
    Yes he does. Modern projectiles have made magnums unnecessary for anything but the largest game and extreme ranges. IMO.

Very nice, certainly a beautiful place to chase em as well. I could go to the Bighorns and never leave and be perfectly content.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Negative. I did see a mountain lion, just for a second. I was glassing a canyon at first light and caught it moving along a rocky ledge. The area I was hunting had world class mule deer hunting 20-25 years ago. Lions have hammered the deer populations and are way more of an issue than the wolves or grizzlies due to being more wide spread.
    Yea there is a lot of lions in that country. In 2011 we lost 5 foals in a few weeks to a lion just off the NE end of the Big Horns. The grizzles have just showed up according to my friends out there, the wolves have been around for at least a decade but I believe there is plenty of SSS that occurs. I have seen 2 there (or same one twice).
    cut\'em

One day, might draw a tag.

Until then, I am building points.

Pretty spot. I am jealous.

In the wise words of a deceased good friend:

"never pass up on the first day what you'd settle for on the last day"
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I was one point behind for several years. I bit the bullet and applied for the special. The elk were staging in this opening before heading down at last light to get a drink in the draw below. Not a bad place to wait.

IMG_1072.jpg
    Last edited by FLS; Yesterday at 08:52 PM.

My accommodations for the week. Cabin was built in the early 1900s. It’s had a few upgrades but is still pretty basic. No electric, water comes from the creek right beside it Helluva nice place to be till the snow gets too deep.

IMG_1046.jpg
    Last edited by FLS; Today at 06:19 AM.

I would like to do that. Looks amazing
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

I want to go back and shoot a few Sage Grouse while you still can. North Fork of the Powder River borders one side of the property and is basically unfished due to how rugged the canyon is. A combo grouse / trout fishing trip would be awesome.IMG_1037.jpg