Thread: PSA- clean your frigging dryer vent

Default PSA- clean your frigging dryer vent

Had to reconfigure my vent pipe recently, all 5 or 6 feet of it, and was surprised at how bad it was. I instantly bought the little flexible cleanout kit at Lowes to run thru it periodically. It's amazing the thing didn't catch fire with how choked up it was.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Not good! I cleaned one for someone that was clogged for 8ft lol. Miracle it didn't catch fire.

How were your clothes drying?!

They should ban that flexible shit that’s corrugated. That would be a good start to prevent this stuff.

Was this in the flex hose right at the base?

Nice blanket.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Mines over twenty feet long, I try and do it twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    They should ban that flexible shit that’s corrugated. That would be a good start to prevent this stuff.
    There oughta be a law.

I clean mine regularly and go service all the neighborhood widow lady's dryer vents when I do mine.

You know it's time when your clothes dont get dry.
    Last edited by BigBrother; Yesterday at 05:11 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

That part in the crawl space wasn't the flex stuff, it was the hard aluminum tubing. The clothes weren't getting dry quickly, that's for sure. It's prolly what did the dryer in. The heat strip gave up, likely under the constant load!

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; Yesterday at 08:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Put your leaf blower in the dryer end and blow it out.
    Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; Yesterday at 06:05 PM.

I clean mine every year or so. Picked up one of the kits from HF(?) with the 5-6 rods in it you screw together along with the brush. Stick it in an electric drill and turn the dryer on while running the brush through the vent.

Good point about reminding the neighbors.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

We put a new washer and dryer in the house we rent out, and it had enough hard packed lint in the bottom of the dryer to knit a couple quilts. Essentially no connection to the vent pipe. Got lucky there never was a fire.

Originally my drier vent had a discharge pipe that went through the floor and just dumped in the crawl space. Who ever did this should be hanged by the neck till dead. Had to replace several heater coils unfortunately usually during hunting season. Then had a fire. Thank you Spencer Mountain Volunteer Fire Dept. Put out with no damage except the vent hose. They also told me the discharge to the crawl space was not code and should be remediated which i did the next day. I am surprise there are not more fires due to drier vents.