Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Itchy Lab

mine goes through spells in spring and fall. Vet said allergic to grass so we give Zyrtec. He does fine with it.

It could be a number of things as stated above. If there is no infection presenting, Look at DouxoS3 calm mousse for a topical solution to help repair the physical skin barrier. You can buy it on Amazon or your local vet may carry it. A lot of my clinics will pair the Calm mousse with Apoquel/Cytopoint.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I mean..
    Hmmmm…….. I’ll see if I can get a “sample” and let you know how it works.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    As to the OP’s question,

I’m unable to offer any advice on medications or treatments because I hold a license to practice and doing so outside of an established vet/client/pet relationship violates the practice act and puts my license at risk.

Apoquel is for atopic dermatitis (look it up) and I’ve never seen a 10 month old dog with atopic dermatitis. Food trials are effective, difficult and often fail due to owner frustration.

Things that make dogs itch; allergies (atopy/environmental, food, insect hypersensitivity- think fleas) and sometimes they just go through periods where they itch and it self corrects.

Good luck. Ask your wife if she needs a job. I’m looking for another associate but she’s gonna need to push those meds to pump those numbers.
    Easy now,

I guess I should have stated their concerns were with immuno suppression and wanted to see if some doggy docs disagreed with Apoquel as a fix all.
    Daughter is not a vet, however she’s not an idiot. She has a BS in biology (AVS), has worked in AVS research lab, currently works in Biology lab and is getting her masters in microbiology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    No no no. It goes like this…

“Real” docs
    Karens
    Google/internet
    Dentist
    Chiros
    Vets
    Podiatrist
    i said "chicken bone meal" earlier but didnt want to sound stupider than a Karen
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by DuvnDux View Post
    Hmmmm…….. I’ll see if I can get a “sample” and let you know how it works.
    Haha, i tweaked my back and had a golf tournament this weekend.. this time I actually called a doctor, tens machine, stretching, and all of that wasn't helping me. I'm cool now

Quote Originally Posted by flopduster View Post
    Easy now,

I guess I should have stated their concerns were with immuno suppression and wanted to see if some doggy docs disagreed with Apoquel as a fix all.
    Daughter is not a vet, however she’s not an idiot. She has a BS in biology (AVS), has worked in AVS research lab, currently works in Biology lab and is getting her masters in microbiology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was just joking around. Please don’t take my comments seriously. Certainly meant no offense.

We examine. We make recommendations. You make the decision. Some one declines a recommendation I document and move on.

But you won’t get a vets opinion on here due to the liability.