Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 2024 Tropical

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    When they took my/your money and gave it to invaders of our country.

Get rid of FEMA and I cant say a thing.
    Jefferson was right, but unfortunately, Hamilton has won unless we do as Jefferson envisioned and reinvent ourselves again.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    How did we go from being State's Rights Southerners to complaining that Uncle Sugar is not cleaning the mess up quick enough?
    Uncle Sugar is actively working to keep those Southerners from doing just that in NC.

Most of the alphabet agencies are nothing more than a way for politicians to skim money and enrich themselves through the vendors they hire. It's sickening the way this country has become.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    How did we go from being State's Rights Southerners to complaining that Uncle Sugar is not cleaning the mess up quick enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    When they started giving out billions to foreigners and illegal immigrants.
    repeat and repeat until its true!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Milton was something that I don’t want to go through again. I stayed through it. Reinforced concrete fifth floor condo with hurricane shutters and windows.

Still no power or internet. We have water but it's non-potable. Still no sewer so it's like we're camping. Finding gas for the one car that survived and LP to power the generator have been fruitless. There is some balance between using the gas you have in the car to go find more gas.

Things are getting slowly back online. Power should be restored by Wednesday. Our neighborhood smells like wet furniture, mold, death and decay. I'm sure a lot of animals took shelter in the debris piles but got killed. Everyone’s debris piles shifted. We have a refrigerator that ended up in our yard from who knows where. Some of our stuff is a few houses down. They started clearing our neighborhood yesterday. One truck only. They only got to three houses yesterday so it'll be a slow process. We had to stop hauling debris from the yard due to lack of space in the driveway.

All work stopped when the vegetable in chief decided to come out to the beach. They shut down the main road so all hauling, line men, etc could do nothing for four hours.

All flood mitigation from Helene has stopped in the house so mold has started to take over. No power so they can't work. Still waiting on asbestos testing before they could start anyway. The lab has no power to do the testing.

The one respite is that my mother-in-law flew to Texas before the storm so we're staying at her place that somehow did not loose power and has internet.

thought about you and yours as I followed the storm. glad y'all made it through.

this too shall pass.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.