Thread: Hunting the line

Default Hunting the line

Someone new took over a property that borders mine and I noticed they have a stand probably less than 50 yards from the line and have been riding a 4 wheeler over the line. I know I don't own the deer but what is considered to close to the line. I never had a problem with the last guys leasing it. I didn't hunt the line and neither did they.

Riding the 4wheeler across the line is trespassing. We have a boat load of stands on property lines at my club. I’d rather someone be on the line shooting back into their property than I would them be 100yds off the line shooting back towards mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    Riding the 4wheeler across the line is trespassing. We have a boat load of stands on property lines at my club. I’d rather someone be on the line shooting back into their property than I would them be 100yds off the line shooting back towards mine.
    From what I could see it's a box stand not very high off the ground facing my direction. He's in a customer that was probably planted 3 years ago. I'll probably go out and paint every other tree with a purple stripe. Not every hunter is ethical

I agree with Woodrow. If someone SAFELY hunts the line it doesn’t necessarily bother me. I definitely don’t want them hunting the line with the line of shooting pointed across my property line. Riding a 4 wheeler on my property would piss me off. Stay on your side. Put up signs where they are coming over on you.

I'll probably put some t posts in the middle of his trail. I'll start with subtle hints before I go Rambo

Post the line, especially in front of the box stand.
    Add a game cam to monitor and provide evidence of any future wrong doing.
    Next move is up to the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Post the line, especially in front of the box stand.
    Add a game cam to monitor and provide evidence of any future wrong doing.
    Next move is up to the other guy.
    I shouldn't have to post it my side is mature his side is a cutover But I am dealing with some rookies they were out there yesterday riding a 4 wheeler which is what made me go look. The box should been there months ago not during muzzleloader. I'll start with purple paint and t posts. I don't want to risk a camera going mission.
    Last edited by Huntinjunkie; Today at 08:01 AM.

I’d try to talk with them first and reach an understanding.

I’d paint it, post it, and see if that solves the problem. If not I’d try to reach an understanding. I can tell you DNR does not care about this problem one bit. Ask me how I know. Hunting on the line is no issue to me. Long as the deer is on their property it’s fair game for them. Riding 4 wheelers on your side is another story. That I have a problem with that.
    More Ducks, Less People

Talking will do no good.
    Just spray purple paint as a reminder and let him know you are aware of the situation.

50 yards is a lot better than putting one on the line, no matter which way it faces.

Sent from my motorola edge 2024 using Tapatalk

Talk to them first if at all possible. Maybe they’re reasonable folks and will end up being good neighbors. Purple paint looks aweful, I hate that shit although I’ve had to do it lately.