Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: helene and climate change

Our plant has has had flooding twice this year. Not in it, but all outside of it. It is built in a former low lying planted area. Since we took over that building 10 years ago, we have added on 3 times. Over 400,000 square feet now. Cleared another 3 acres for a new employee parking lot to hold over 400 employees. Then add in all the new warehouse construction that has popped up on the same street in the last 2 years. Before when there was 2-4 inches of rain, it went into the trees, and was absorbed into the ground with minimal runoff. Now it all lands on hundreds of thousands of square feet of roofs. Sent down a downspout, into a culvert and into a retention pond. Retention pond overflows and it is sent out to low lying areas that are now occupied. Let one of the culverts or ditches get clogged with growth or debris and situation is multiplied. It's a simple concept. Development and lack of proper maintenance is causing most of these issues. Not global warming.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Our plant has has had flooding twice this year. Not in it, but all outside of it. It is built in a former low lying planted area. Since we took over that building 10 years ago, we have added on 3 times. Over 400,000 square feet now. Cleared another 3 acres for a new employee parking lot to hold over 400 employees. Then add in all the new warehouse construction that has popped up on the same street in the last 2 years. Before when there was 2-4 inches of rain, it went into the trees, and was absorbed into the ground with minimal runoff. Now it all lands on hundreds of thousands of square feet of roofs. Sent down a downspout, into a culvert and into a retention pond. Retention pond overflows and it is sent out to low lying areas that are now occupied. Let one of the culverts or ditches get clogged with growth or debris and situation is multiplied. It's a simple concept. Development and lack of proper maintenance is causing most of these issues. Not global warming.
    Well. Fucking. Said.

1000 years is less than than a blink of an eye in regards to climate. The extremes of our weather are basically a mere 100 degrees apart. Imagine how perfect Earth has to be for humans to survive on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Have fun explaining that to a fuming blue haired liberal more worried about global warming than the death toll and widespread destruction.

Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Ralph Gets It!!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I do agree there are too many people in the world. The “too many” drive under the speed limit camped out in the left lane. And they slow down to 35 mph on the interstate and cut on their emergency flashers during a light drizzle.
    Last edited by billyjack; Today at 08:56 PM.

IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg

Never heard of the nexrad network. Anyone know what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    Climate change is real, very soon North American temperatures will drop dramatically and we’ll have blizzards that will knock out power, block roads, trap people in their homes. The northern and mid-western states will take the brunt of it mark my words.
    Liberals give me a headache.
    Can't happen soon enough! Bring it!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Have fun explaining that to a fuming blue haired liberal more worried about global warming than the death toll and widespread destruction.

Well said!
    2th doesn't have blue hair! (My attempt at humor 2th, I'll explain it if necessary). I haven't read this whole thread, just catching up on talking points after a full day at work, then my little girl's softball game that they dominated!

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    This is the 6th worst flood in the Catawba river basin.
    The first 5 were in a 28 year period between 1908 and 1936.
    There were 23 million cars in the world during that period. Today there are 1.47 billion cars.

Before we blame cars for manmade climate change, they need to explain why it happened more frequently 80 to 112 years ago.

Sent from my motorola edge 2024 using Tapatalk
    You have a viable point. At the risk of being called a climate denier I will also add the same scientists arguing global warming were saying we were slipping into an ice age, global cooling in the 70’s. So they change the phrase from global warming to climate change. Well the climate is always changing. We call it weather.
    Last edited by centurian; Today at 09:56 PM.