Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: helene and climate change

You need to step up your game Tooth. It's the government controlling the weather and creating these catastrophes, it's all over the internet if you just search for it.

We've hardscaped Mother Earth, we've destroyed forests, wetlands and rerouted waterways.....man has created a lot of this mess and the affects are seen globally. Our camps in La are sinking into the Gulf. Man channeled the mighty Mississippi river and sediment laden water pumps 30-40 miles out into the Gulf dropping into 3000 ft of water when it used to deposit across the Gulf coast marsh renourishing it. I put cooking oil in a fry pan on the stove at camp and it all pitches toward the Gulf. Could subsidence be due to sucking all the oil and gas out from under the Gulf of Mexico? Who knows, but I do know we're sinking and eroding away just like the rest of La, all due to man made causes. We've lost buffers to soften the surge of hurricanes.

Are storms getting more frequent and stronger or has awareness gone up due to our constant "the sky is falling" social media telling us so.

In the 1900's only 3 states had feral hogs.....now they're in 45 states. Nature gonna nature brother.

I do know this, I'm thankful I didn't have to deal with charging a car or truck the last 5 days, those green deal folks can pound sand, oil, natural gas and propane is where it's at, generators don't run on sunshine and fairy dust.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I think it has more to do with development than anything else. As stated above we continue to expand our neighborhoods and the rain has no where to go.
    Of course! But with development comes more walmarts, DG and more black asphalt
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    From what I can remember in my lifetime...

The strongest hurricane ever happened before I was born, and if the coastal and inland population then was what it is now, Camille would far surpass anything we've seen since.
    In the 80's, Camden received enough rain that dams failed and destroyed a pile of businesses, killed people, and destroyed one of my favorite burger places .
    Yep. Blew the back wall out. My dad's pediatric office is next door and I can remember the mud in there. I remember those kids died inside that Bronco or K5 that got swept off the bridge. We would ride by after school to watch the progress as they rebuilt Kendall dam.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Climate change is real, very soon North American temperatures will drop dramatically and we’ll have blizzards that will knock out power, block roads, trap people in their homes. The northern and mid-western states will take the brunt of it mark my words.
    Liberals give me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Weather be weather, there are too many people in this world.
    True.

Maybe God's sending us all a message. I mean, there's this book at the end of the Bible that explains a lot of things.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Most of the shit washed away was in flat valleys with a pretty stream in the middle. How did those areas IN the mountains get broad flat areas. Fucking floods. It’s not rocket science. Just because it hasn’t happened in a while doesn’t mean it won’t happen again. More like when and not if.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Asheville 1916 was a Gulf storm out of Mobile meeting an Atlantic storm out of Charleston. Nothing new under the SUN...

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Most of the shit washed away was in flat valleys with a pretty stream in the middle. How did those areas IN the mountains get broad flat areas. Fucking floods. It’s not rocket science. Just because it hasn’t happened in a while doesn’t mean it won’t happen again. More like when and not if.

It’s called hurricane season for a reason.

Me personally I think seeing all of these people posting the damages saying “proof of climate change” are morons.

A hurricane happened, went north and dumped a bunch of rain in an area that already had a bunch of rain that week.

1916 Hurricane & Great Flood affected Asheville. Nothing new. Mother Nature will Mother Nature. Not everything that’s a disaster needs to be politicized and fingers pointed to blame.

Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Discuss?
    Preferably rationally without a bunch of political crap. I'm just interested in the correlation. TIA
    There is no correlation. Man-made climate change doesn’t exist.

Man is a tick in the asscrack of earth and has limited to no impact. There’s a reason archeologists exist, to discover that great human cultures rise, fall and are swallowed up never to be seen again without blind luck and a shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    Man is a tick in the asscrack of earth and has limited to no impact. There’s a reason archeologists exist, to discover that great human cultures rise, fall and are swallowed up never to be seen again without blind luck and a shovel.
    Yep but the human race can fuck it up quick.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Weather be weather, there are too many people in this world.
    Agree 100%

16” of rain is 16” but 16” of rain in the mountains is not the same as 16” of rain in the flat land. I pumped of 16” of water out of the pool Thursday and Thursday night. Yes there was some flooding around but nothing like Asheville, Chimney Rock, and lake lure. Not making light of the matter as high water is the devils daughter no matter where you are

16" of water out of your pool isn't the same as 16" out of lake Marion either.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    There is no correlation. Man-made climate change doesn’t exist.
    Men having periods doesn't exist either. Grifters flock to grifters...

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    16" of water out of your pool isn't the same as 16" out of lake Marion either.
    Or lake Norman but it is a pretty good gauge of rain fall in my area. All that water is coming y’all’s way so stay safe.
    Last edited by centurian; Today at 07:49 PM.

This is the 6th worst flood in the Catawba river basin.
    The first 5 were in a 28 year period between 1908 and 1936.
    There were 23 million cars in the world during that period. Today there are 1.47 billion cars.

Before we blame cars for manmade climate change, they need to explain why it happened more frequently 80 to 112 years ago.

Sent from my motorola edge 2024 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; Today at 08:30 PM.