Thread: Predator 3500w Generator

Default Predator 3500w Generator

This joker has been solid. Been running since 11 am on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that is what you want. I bet it is much quieter than my gen with the Briggs motor.

Not complaining though. Mine has proven reliable.

What all you running off it

Quote Originally Posted by duce44 View Post
    What all you running off it
    TV, fridge, light, charging cell phones. I have run the fridge and the deep freezer at the same time unplugging the others. Don’t want to push my luck.

I've got the predator 9000/7250. Ran from Friday morning until midnight last night when the power came back on. Bought it 4 years ago and only ran it when first purchased to make sure it would start. Put it away until last Friday. Cranked first yank of the cord and ran solid.

We use that 3500 in Kentucky to power the cabin. Super quiet and hasn’t let us down yet.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Just fyi, my Westinghouse 2200i has been running a fridge, chest freezer, and 2 fans with no issue and getting 7 hours run time per gallon. She's been a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I've got the predator 9000/7250. Ran from Friday morning until midnight last night when the power came back on. Bought it 4 years ago and only ran it when first purchased to make sure it would start. Put it away until last Friday. Cranked first yank of the cord and ran solid.
    How’s the noise level?

Looking at the 13000/10000 for the extra capacity which seems db about the same as yours. Can’t see where the extra $1100 be worth saving approximately 10db to go with 9500 inverter

*2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    How’s the noise level?

Looking at the 13000/10000 for the extra capacity which seems db about the same as yours. Can’t see where the extra $1100 be worth saving approximately 10db to go with 9500 inverter

I’ve been looking at similar models to replace my 25 yo Honda EB6500SX. This Honda still runs well and just finished a 20 spurt, but over time its output has dropped 20-25%, and the noise has increased substantially. As for that $1100 dB level improvement, I would consider how close you are to neighbors who may not have generators. If the SHTF comes through it may well be best to have the quietest generator you can.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    How’s the noise level?

Noise isn't bad. To me it's just a typical generator. Of course, the only time I was really around it was to fuel up. We kept our windows open except for the ones near it. It never bothered me so I guess it's "quiet", but louder than a Honda for sure.

We’ve been using a Predator 1400. Not quite enough to run the big inside fridge, but with the smaller garage fridge and 2 chest freezers + fans and TV it’s been great for the $450 price tag. Quiet and runs a long time on a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    sounds like a sta-bil commercial or add.

I bought a used Power Boss 7350/5550 off this site 10 or more years ago and it’s been running since pre-dawn Friday. Started right up one pull choke and one pull start. I run it about once a year and shut the fuel valve then let it burn that out. Put new fuel in it when I need it. Loud, but I don’t give a damn about that. Been a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    sounds like a sta-bil commercial or add.
    Nah... I ran it outta gas 4 years ago before putting it in the corner of the garage. The power came on right after it filled it last night. Not sure there's an "easy" way to drain it so I shut the fuel off and ran it till it quit. It's got about 5 gallons in it now treated heavily with Stabil. I'll deal with it later.

I use a predator 2000 at camp. runs all lights, chargers, high demand things we run one at a time are the coffee pot, small a/c or space heater and water heater 110 v elements, I think 1500 watt element and the genny can handle it. Burn 1 1/2 gallon a night.

I bought an "open invertor" Predator 4550. It's 120 volt at 30 amps. I wired it to run my inlaws house and they're rocking tv, lights, fans, fridges and microwave.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill