Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2024 Tropical

SD 843.810.0061

Quote Originally Posted by SharkDave View Post
    Anyone in or know somebody in the vicinity of Spruce Pine or Sugar Grove NC? Have a Coworker here in Chas. Who cannot get in touch with family there. Don’t have any information but thought I would shoot one on the wall here. No special trips necessary. Coworker just starting to get a little concerned with no contact from them yet. TIA. SD
    There's a HUGE network outage in WNC. I can't get through to anyone. Talked to my neighbor who tried to get to his business in Mills River this morning and he said it was impossible.

No hotel rooms in Columbia fyi…

I made it to Boone.

Wife and 2 of our 3 kids made it through the storm. No communication with them from 11am yesterday until 11am today. All cell and land lines are down in our area.

Kitchen, living room, and part of main room flooded. Not good, but better than some. Our bridge washed out, luckily since I came in yesterday we have a vehicle. Everyone else on my road is stranded. Hopefully electricity is back by Monday (optimistic).

Made a water run into town for our road. Town of Boone isn’t bad at all, electricity for most of the town, ppl shopping and eating like nothing happened. It looks like a war zone on the western side (where we’re at).

I’ll be in traffic for 2 hours trying to get home … traffic is backed up, most of the cars are ppl going to look around …

Our 3rd kid was with my in-laws in CLT, it reads like we lost one, we’re all good.

Glad to hear it. We got 17” on the mountain. Way better than some of that 40” bullshit they were trying to feed us…

Patiently waiting to hear from our friends that were at their home in saluda… house sits very close in a valley on the north pacolet on Pearson falls road… just off Hwy 176 up there.

They were supposed to have left before the weather turned south

Sam and Donna Clark…. If anyone up that way happens to hear their name
    Last edited by GBelly; Today at 04:08 PM.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Glad to hear it. We got 17” on the mountain. Way better than some of that 40” bullshit they were trying to feed us…
    Glad you got some confirmation.

Yep. Finally heard from my folks. Got 17” and trees everywhere. Bridge somehow survived so they will be fine when they learn how to run some saws. Lots of old folks up those creeks and hollers ain’t been heard from and many won’t be ever again…