Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forest Acres help, reach out if you need it.

That’s a mess DC, I hate losing oak trees like that.

Looks like Hugo almost down on the lake outside of Prosperity. Just got wifi but power will take awhile. Main lines down
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Was told 95% of mid Carolina customers are without power. I’ve got 2 snapped power poles within 200 yards of the house. Dominion is getting after it.

Yeah what Jab said

Thank you to the lineman out there working around the clock to restore power back to the community. We have some mighty fine ones on this site actually.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Our street got hit the hardest in Forest Acres I believe. My trucks totaled, but that can be replaced. Thanks to the multiple members yesterday that helped me out in one way or another.

My parents live in Augusta and the pictures from there are horrifying. If you know anyone in Augusta check on them.

We left charleston yesterday morning and ride up to mccormick to check on my place. I was not expecting to see the damage done in some of those small towns. It seemed like every town was out of power. We go up thru Williston, branch ville, Denmark, black ville, Bamberg, branchville, aiken and all of those other towns along that route but the beautiful Town of edgefield got hit the hardest. The main road with all of those grand houses was tore slap up. The trees and power lines were down everywhere. Lots of the roads up there were damn near impassable. It took us about 6 hours to get to my place, normally takes 3. The cuffeytown bridge was blocked 100% and water was almost touching the bottom of it. I had no idea the storm was gonna be this bad. The few gas stations that had power had lines as far as you could see down the road. The Chinese place in Edgefield had prob 50 cars outside with the line of people almost to the road. When we came back thru, the lineman and utilities people were busting their asses to get the roads cleared and we stopped and thanked everyone we could. It looks like it's gonna be a while before some of these small towns get power back. I did see Railroad days in Branchville had power and the crowd was massive as everyone was out looking for some sort of fun to take their minds off of what happened the night before. The first pic is in Edgefield, 2nd pic is tree that luckily avoided my place in Mccormick.20240927_140434.jpg20240927_162117.jpg
    Last edited by mrtroy4man; Today at 07:03 AM.
    every expert was once a beginner