Thread: 2006 Tundra sunroof drain outlets

Default 2006 Tundra sunroof drain outlets

My truck has started leaking pretty bad in the last few months. I know one spot is the cargo light above the sliding window but that’s new. It seems like the main area is the front left and right corners of the sunroof where I assume the drain runs.

Sunroof is stuck closed. Motor is fine I think it’s something in the tracks keeping it from opening. Anyway, where the does the water from the sunroof drain out? Thought I could reverse engineer unclogging it.

Also not totally sure it’s the sunroof bc I literally opened it less than 5 times so the chances of debris getting in the drains is slim to none but figured it was worth checking.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I drive a 2006 Tundra but without sunroof. The windshield seals seem to go bad on mine. I just unclogged the sunroof drain tubes on my daughter's Mercedes and the tubes ran down the front door frame. I had to pull back the panel under the dash on the side to find the end of the drain tubes. On the Tundra, I thin you can remove the wipers and pop off the plastic sheathing below it and maybe get a good look into what's going on that way.
    Last edited by Hogg; Today at 01:50 PM.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    My truck has started leaking pretty bad in the last few months. I know one spot is the cargo light above the sliding window but that’s new. It seems like the main area is the front left and right corners of the sunroof where I assume the drain runs.

Sunroof is stuck closed. Motor is fine I think it’s something in the tracks keeping it from opening. Anyway, where the does the water from the sunroof drain out? Thought I could reverse engineer unclogging it.

Also not totally sure it’s the sunroof bc I literally opened it less than 5 times so the chances of debris getting in the drains is slim to none but figured it was worth checking.
    Sometimes there is a tiny little rubber plug in the bottom of the door frame that you can unclog it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I drive a 2006 Tundra but without sunroof. The windshield seals seem to go bad on mine. I just unclogged the sunroof drain tubes on my daughter's Mercedes and the tubes ran down the front door frame. I had to pull back the panel under the dash on the side to find the end of the drain tubes. On the Tundra, I thin you can remove the wipers and pop off the plastic sheathing below it and maybe get a good look into what's going on that way.
    Yeah I’m saving that task for when I can park it under a garage for an extended period of time. The windshield seal seems to be okay.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Not familiar with yours but people on the Landcruiser forum would have this problem and clean the drains with weedeater string.

Yeah it’s finding the outlet that’s the problem since I can’t access the sunroof
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yeah it’s finding the outlet that’s the problem since I can’t access the sunroof
    Maybe a blown fuse to the sunroof?