Thread: Suppressor

Default Suppressor

I have several suppressors currently but will be adding a few more shortly. I don't know much about suppressors other than they work (both noise and recoil reduction) and I will eventually have one on every rifle I own. When I bought the ones I have now, I just ordered what my supplier recommended. What brand and model should I be looking at for a higher end product? These will be used on 7mm-08's and 280 AI.

Enter Steelin’

Steelin will know far more, but the SilencerCo Omega 300’s I have are great
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I don’t know much about them, but for minimal price difference I regret buying anything besides titanium. The weight difference is substantial, might be a tad louder or quieter I have no idea but it’s about 10oz less if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by trash2; Yesterday at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Steelin will know far more, but the SilencerCo Omega 300’s I have are great
    x2

As far as centerfire, large rifle calibers, I can state that my SilencerCo 36M is pretty badass.

I use it on a 6.5PRC & 7mm Mag. I don't need earpro when using it.

I picked up my Omega 300 yesterday (free BOGO deal) but have not used it yet. The 300 has slightly worse numbers than the 36M, but only by about 1dB.

The 46M is nice & I may snag one of those next, as I have over a dozen long guns fitted with ASR QD muzzle devices.

Another idea is to keep it local and get another Innovative Arms can. I've got a Slingshot & a multi-cal can with 5 different pistons. Phillip does good work and is always helpful when I call.

Both the 36M & 46M are modular. I have the 36M sitting in short configuration right now, with a 3-lug mount, on my HK. It's still pretty damn quiet when short; I've not tried the short configuration on a rifle yet.

Gratuitous pic of the Omega 300:

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; Yesterday at 04:37 PM.

Oh, and Can-Con is coming up.

If you wanna try before you buy, this would be an awesome opportunity.

I'm hoping to make it at least one day.

https://canconevent.com/south-carolina-2024/

I have silencerco omega 300 and harvesters..... Both are great!
    I have family that shoot competitively and apparently there are a lot of good cans available today.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Omega x3
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I second Phillip and Jenny at Innovative Arms. They have had all my business for 16 years
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I just put an omega 300 on a 7-08 and am pretty happy with it. Have Surefires on all of my AR’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Thanks.

I just signed up for their discount program. Mil/LEO/etc. qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Thanks.

I just signed up for their discount program. Mil/LEO/etc. qualify.

Good deal. They make a great can.

I just got a silencerco scythe TI and I love it. I have a couple other cans but this one is my favorite. The weight difference is a game changer on a longer barrel.

I do a lot of coyote hunting at night so whenever I started researching suppressors my main two concerns were noise reduction and accuracy. I ended up going with the DDC Enticer L and I am more than pleased with it. So far I have used it on a 6mm ARC and 6.5 CM and it has surpassed my expectations especially in noise reduction. My next one will probably be their 8.6.