Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Think corn is a good thing?

Is that a corn pile or some kinda photo shoot fall session with the hay?
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

You brought corn in Kansas into a conversation about corn in SC to try to make a point about whether or not corn is dangerous. That is nowhere near an appropriate comparison. That is the definition of rationalization.
    Your assertion that I said corn “dangerous” are your words, not mine. Never said corn was inherently dangerous, merely questioned whether if the dangers that do exist are worth the result. I don’t believe that it is (inherently dangerous), just the methods in which it is used COULD be, and that was not my feeder in OP. It is on a club I’m involved with, but not my feeder, not my choice.
    I made no assumptions or even mention of your feeding practices. I am also not feeding AT ALL, at least for now. Have not decide whether I will or not. I to prefer food plots and natural enhancement. Spend lots of time on both. IMG_6304.jpg

The point (or logic, if you want to look at it that way) of this thread was to show that an objective, constructive, informative conversation about feeding is damn near impossible on a public forum such as this. That any hint of saying feeding COULD BE, not IS, detrimental, would be met with vehement- ridicule, name calling, incorrect assumptions of position, and assertion, not suggestions, of what went wrong in this particular situation. I didn’t need to provide validity to back that up, y’all did it for me.

You’re welcome? Is that what you’re looking for?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Did the Professor get a new handle. We just got schooled y'all. Not only about the dangers of corn, but we lab rats proved his theory about the course of discussion on internet forums. Screw the book, I want to read the dissertation.
    Last edited by willk; 09-21-2024 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I’m just surprised this dipshit is still rambling about whatever.

Been looking around for the grain bins and feed mill at TSC but can’t seem to find them.

The fact that this moondick has so much faith in TSC says a lot. He also doesn’t realize that there is 400,000+ acres of corn grown in South Carolina so while not Kansas acres it is more than a backyard food plot like what he planted. Deer eat corn in all stages seed, plant, and grain. I prefer to shoot them at the plant stage.
    cut\'em

Was never about quality of corn of TSC corn. TSC was just used as example. Fully understand the scale of corn farming in this state and the economic impact of it. And have the highest level of respect for the farmers who grow it. One the most noble professions. But trying to compare Kansas’ over 5 million acres of corn, 43 million acres of farms (85% of total land mass) to SC’s 400,000 acres out of a little less than 5,000,000 of farmland (less than 25% of total land mass) and how that relates to deer(or anything else).. absurd.
    That “backyard” food plot will produce 8-10 tons per acre of forage this year, much more than the just under 4 ton average for corn. And 4-5 times more nutritional. I’ll take my half million pounds of quality forage over 220,000 lbs of corn grown on same ground any day.
    Even a moondick understands that!!

As why I’m still rambling-
    To show the level of willful ingnorance and bullish tendencies of the keyboard cowboys in these forums.
    I told you exactly why this thread exists in earlier posts. Yet, here you are, still reading, still name calling, ……….still participating!!
    Dipshit? OK
    Last edited by AnythingFeathers; 09-22-2024 at 09:39 AM.

this is SCDicks ya know
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingFeathers View Post
    Was never about quality of corn of TSC corn. TSC was just used as example. Fully understand the scale of corn farming in this state and the economic impact of it. And have the highest level of respect for the farmers who grow it. One the most noble professions. But trying to compare Kansas’ over 5 million acres of corn, 43 million acres of farms (85% of total land mass) to SC’s 400,000 acres out of a little less than 5,000,000 of farmland (less than 25% of total land mass) and how that relates to deer(or anything else).. absurd.
    That “backyard” food plot will produce 8-10 tons per acre of forage this year, much more than the just under 4 ton average for corn. And 4-5 times more nutritional. I’ll take my half million pounds of quality forage over 220,000 lbs of corn grown on same ground any day.
    Even a moondick understands that!!

As why I’m still rambling-
    To show the level of willful ingnorance and bullish tendencies of the keyboard cowboys in these forums.
    I told you exactly why this thread exists in earlier posts. Yet, here you are, still reading, still name calling, ……….still participating!!
    Dipshit? OK
    I love deer poets they are so knowledgeable.

From a forage standpoint dry land corn in this state averages 16+ tons per acre ( there is a reason corn is used for silage, it makes tons). Real curious what you are planting to achieve 8-10 tons per acre. I very intensively manage grazing for my cattle and I know that not much produces 8-10t/a. So unless your name is Jim Gerrish, Allen Williams or Gabe Brown I think you are full of shit.

By the way I am all for forage but I am really for the truth.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I love deer poets they are so knowledgeable.

From a forage standpoint dry land corn in this state averages 16+ tons per acre ( there is a reason corn is used for silage, it makes tons). Real curious what you are planting to achieve 8-10 tons per acre. I very intensively manage grazing for my cattle and I know that not much produces 8-10t/a. So unless your name is Jim Gerrish, Allen Williams or Gabe Brown I think you are full of shit.

By the way I am all for forage but I am really for the truth.
    your not good at analogies
    Windows Down!

Anything Feathers has gored some of y’all’s prize bull…