Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Good ole days??

My father still shoots a model 760 in a .308. He's has a couple few rifles built, but he still loves that gun. I've always wanted a Bar as well, in a 30-06, for some reason I just haven't bought one. I have a few rifles, but I always seem to grab a BLR in 30-06. I like it, and it's cool.

^^^ now you're just being sassy.

Again.

Oh I am, it's about past my bedtime

Or my original dog driving rifle, a mini 30.. killed this one, ten round magazine. Chessbay was close enough that he ducked when I opened up on this one.

20201218_082305.jpg

It was actually my last kill in front of dogs.. and I was growing my hair out, got buzzed in boot camp shortly after this pic.

IMG_0966.jpg

257 Roberts
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

^^^ The Benoit brothers approve.

Gene coming off the top rope again!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Sitting in tree listening to hunter slide down tree with baker stands. we built ours still have one in basement
    Bluetick

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    IMG_0966.jpg

257 Roberts
    That’s a slick rifle, Gene!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    My uncle's hand climber broke causing him to fall out backwards but luckily he hadn't gotten far off the ground. Getting up from the seated position on those things was scary as crap and then the climb down was worse than the climb up. Can't remember the name but those green aluminum two piece climbers came along and the world was a much better place.
    Are you thinking of an amacker. I've had the bottom slide on one and caught myself with my elbows from then on I made sure they were tied together

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    That’s not what it was about. Your comment proves you don’t know that. You can run along now while we reminisce before someone turns you over their knee.
    Yea .....Try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    My father still shoots a model 760 in a .308. He's has a couple few rifles built, but he still loves that gun. I've always wanted a Bar as well, in a 30-06, for some reason I just haven't bought one. I have a few rifles, but I always seem to grab a BLR in 30-06. I like it, and it's cool.
    My brother hunted with his 7600 .308 for a long time until just the last few years he finally bought him a BAR in the same caliber. I've always wanted me a BLR but just have never bought one because I know I probably would just keep on hunting with my A-Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    Are you thinking of an amacker. I've had the bottom slide on one and caught myself with my elbows from then on I made sure they were tied together
    No, I don't think so. I know I bought mine from I believe it was Hunter's in Kershaw in the same location where Kershaw House of Pizza is now(Gus's). They were aluminum stands that were coated a green color. They were probably something built that wasn't a national brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    No, I don't think so. I know I bought mine from I believe it was Hunter's in Kershaw in the same location where Kershaw House of Pizza is now(Gus's). They were aluminum stands that were coated a green color. They were probably something built that wasn't a national brand.
    That's before my time. I moved to Kershaw from Uwharrie 33 years ago and it was Gus's then. The first climbers we used were Amacker at the time they were the shit now you couldn't pay me to sit in one of them uncomfortable things. I believe I still have 2 in the shed.

I haven't heard the name Amacker in 3 forevers. I know where a Baker is grown into a tree. Hell, it was grown into the tree in 1986 when I first saw it.

Here are a couple of 1950's finest...