Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Think corn is a good thing?

That is a bet you would lose. There was never any question as to what caused this. No matter where you source the corn, it has retained moisture. This was a product of very hot weather. At 100 degree temps, the heat in that feeder may have got over 130-140 degrees when hit it. Maybe even higher temps than that. Even at 10% moisture it would have pulled the moisture out. The particular corn they bought is tagged with a moisture range, and a aflatoxin content of less than 20 ppb.
    And maybe the metal barrel is a problem.
    But the point of this thread was to see how many of you numb nuts would jump on the chance to tell someone, who was trying to be responsible, how stupid they are, how they did something wrong, and just how great corn is for wildlife. You did not disappoint. Except in one aspect, we thought we would get a least 1-3 who might say something about the risks of feeding in high temp, high humidity weather, or just that they wished that baiting was not legal.
    As far as the Kansas comment- educate yourself, just a little bit, on deer biology. Not enough to be an expert, just enough to understand how their digestion system works and what a sudden over abundance of a food with not good digestibilty can be bad for them. It doesn’t just appear by the ton overnight in Kansas like does here.

To an earlier poster- YES,YES, YES, the intent was to cause a ruckus!!!
    Floor is open, let the bullshit begin!!

So was this an experiment to show how bad corn is, even if you buy AAA rated and approved corn from a reputable source such as TSC? Seems like a whole lot of trouble if you already knew all this.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Dog food is cheaper than corn.
    Drop the tailgate and let'em run.

Your ability to comprehend is low. There was no corn experiment. Know exactly why this happened. That was never in question. It was just an unfortunate result of circumstance.
    The experiment, if you want to call it that, was to show the guy who had these feeders out, was concerned they may have caused some harm and was considering posting to forums to ask how big a problem this could be, just how hard people would come down on him for even suggesting baiting/feeding could be detrimental. He is relatively new to hunting in the south. This just showed how narrow minded “sportsman” can be when it comes to this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Dog food is cheaper than corn.
    Drop the tailgate and let'em run.
    If that’s your thing, then HELL YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingFeathers View Post
    educate yourself, just a little bit, on deer biology. Not enough to be an expert, just enough to understand how their digestion system works and what a sudden over abundance of a food with not good digestibilty can be bad for them.!!
    So list your credential Mr. Expert. You missed the point. Kansas has tons and tons of corn available to all wildlife for months and somehow they manage to survive and not get poisoned from aflatoxin or from overeating corn.

Do you think you're the first person around here to have a feeder sit in SC summer temperatures? Don't you realize that many of us have been running feeders for longer than you've been on earth yet you come on here to teach and ridicule us?

Hahaha. That's was fun. You should get insulated feeders. Yeti is working on a rotomolded prototype.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Just buy dry midwestern corn.
    They sell it at Walmart.

Sent from my motorola edge 2024 using Tapatalk

Or, you could buy your weevil corn from Ukraine and pour it on top of last year's shriveled black wet corn and obtain the same result...

No credentials, not an expert. But I can read and comprehend what experts publish.
    As far as Kansas, YOU made my point. It’s grows there, “ tons and tons”, it’s available for months on end. It does not just magically appear “tons and tons” at a time like it does in a lot of the areas here. Never mentioned aflatoxin. Though, if you knew anything about it, you would would know why it’s more of a problem in the hot, humid south than in the cooler, drier Midwest.
    Who was ridiculed? Other than me?
    Wasn’t my feeder. Never called anyone out for baiting. Only posed the question of whether it could be bad and laid out the situation. Not once was I bashing anyone for baiting. Expressed a few thoughts on questions I have in a general sense.
    And doing any stupid shit for a long time doesn’t make it a good thing.

You are one of the ones who reacted as expected.

Yes, the rational people will call out bullshit 100% of the time around here...