Thread: Scheels and Salt Lake City observations...

Default Scheels and Salt Lake City observations...

I have officially dubbed Scheels in SLC, Utah as simply "The greatest store of all time in the history of the universe." That place is a freaking dream. We only spent a couple of hours quickly working through all the areas of the store, but there is no doubt that if I ever needed anything for fishing, hunting, home-goods, grilling, hiking, camping, golfing, skiing, or pretty much anything having anything to do with the outdoors...I could walk into that store and get anything I might need or want ranging from budget-friendly to super high-end regardless of what I needed. I've never seen anything like it. It makes Bass Pro and Cabelas look like failing, small town Big-Lots or Marshalls.

Maybe this is not any big news for folks on here, but I had no concept of what an incredible store that place is. Prices were good to great for everything from quality lower priced stuff to the most bad ass high-end stuff available. They did not have any gear that sucks; they had all the gear that does not suck and then some. If you've never been to a brick and mortar Scheels, do yourself a favor and go. You might spend enough to shake your marriage, but it is incredible.

SLC is huge, it doesn't feel huge, and it is worth a visit. Duck hunting there and the surrounding areas would be as unique and beautiful as I can imagine it getting, and the ducks were already THICK in there yesterday. I'll be going back for whatever I can cook up at least once a year.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

The one in Colorado Springs is pretty badass. My daughter liked the ferris wheel inside the best.
    Last edited by Reel Commotion; Yesterday at 10:43 AM. Reason: oop

Shhhhhh

No store like it.

Go to SLC with one bucket list bird on your list. Cinnamon teal near Ogden Bay. The Wasatch Mountains make for stunning background pics.

Scheels is still a great retailer. Hope Johnny Morris doesn't buy them out. The Colony, TX location will blow your mind.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Go to SLC with one bucket list bird on your list. Cinnamon teal near Ogden Bay. The Wasatch Mountains make for stunning background pics.

Scheels is still a great retailer. Hope Johnny Morris doesn't buy them out. The Colony, TX location will blow your mind.
    My guide got me drunk and made me walk/slog/ride a bike a lot
    cut\'em

Their online store is also fantastic... buy from them a good bit.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

the only store that is better than all of them and Johnny Morris bought them, was Gander Mountain simply because they had the best gun parts and accessories section known to man. How does Scheels compare on that stuff?
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    My guide got me drunk and made me walk/slog/ride a bike a lot
    I miss that bike

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I miss that bike

#mormonduckkillingvehicle
    cut\'em

They run fantastic deals. Last time I went to the colorado springs one, they had $100 lews jig rods for sale... $20/rod. I grabbed 3, then walked around the store and right before I went to check out, grabbed 3 more.

Year before that, they had $180 daiwa reels on sale for $60/piece. Bought 4 of them suckers too. Pretty sure 2 are still in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    the only store that is better than all of them and Johnny Morris bought them, was Gander Mountain simply because they had the best gun parts and accessories section known to man. How does Scheels compare on that stuff?
    I honestly don't know. We were trying to see every section/area without spending a bunch of money. To really do that place right, I'd need to commit a day to it. From what I saw, I cannot imagine anything they would not have for working on/fixing/setting up any gun unless it's something for a unicorn gun that would require a gunsmith to forge/fabricate.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

10.4...need to carry my ass out there!
    At least I'm housebroken.

I went to the one in Rochester, MN and I agree, it's the best. I think the employees have ownership in the company so they actually give a shit. When you ask them a question they know what they're talking about and genuinely want to help you. It was such a refreshing experience compared to those other big box outdoor stores.

Going to visit Brady in MT next month. I’ll have to check out the one in Billings….
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Going to visit Brady in MT next month. I’ll have to check out the one in Billings….
    Billings one is pretty cool, too.

Stores arent my thing and shopping sucks so I wasnt in there long
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Billings one is pretty cool, too.

Stores arent my thing and shopping sucks so I wasnt in there long
    I'm pretty easy to please, hell I was impressed with the Shipton's in Sheridan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.