Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interest Rates

it came from a lecture I attended two fridays ago in greenville.
    it was supported yesterday by a patient that works for SC employment commission that said its higher in sc.

I love all the pushback. yall can have this forum. google me into being wrong. Go for it.

the half point prediction is something i would push back on. most I talked to said it would only be .5 if it was political. i guess people who work in this arena must all be idiots.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Get him, Squirrel Master. Beat his @ss at his own game.
    seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post

Personally I think we should have taken rates higher instead of cutting. People haven’t quit spending. It would be very painful for the bottom but people have forgotten how to budget. America needs an economic gut check.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    over 50% of the population doesnt work.
    age 18-65

chew on that for a second.
    Whatever the percentage is, I believe some in the .gov want it to be higher. It's all about control.

More Q's to ponder.

What % of Americans file a tax return? Is the number going down?

What's the short/long term effect of all the people crossing the border?

Will insurance become unobtainable due to all the uninsured and what will happen to our hospital system if the majority can't pay? .Gov making up the difference?

My head hurts.

I just want to know who's running the country?

Sun is shining- you’re above ground, take a deep breath!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Get him, Squirrel Master. Beat his @ss at his own game.
    I wasn’t being facetious at all, that’s actually a statistic that I would probably read further into if given a good source for it
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I just want to know who's running the country?
    The Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    Whatever the percentage is, I believe some in the .gov want it to be higher. It's all about control.

More Q's to ponder.

What % of Americans file a tax return? Is the number going down?

What's the short/long term effect of all the people crossing the border?

Will insurance become unobtainable due to all the uninsured and what will happen to our hospital system if the majority can't pay? .Gov making up the difference?

My head hurts.
    I just spent a week at Duke with my wife recovering from a surgery to remove a pheochromocytoma.

My takeaways with the monster energy’s and redbulls available next to the “southern cookin kitchen” option in the hospital cafeteria conveniences me that healthy people don’t build hospitals
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Same goes with schools...

A majority of our economy revolves around bad decision making. Healthy people who make sound financial decisions don’t keep the world turning!

This text from a good friend and economics PhD. He said I could share it. This is a typical back and forth between us. It starts on a more serious note and ends jokingly. I often throw comments into this forum represented as “fact” to get 2oof all fired up. I really enjoy doing that. Hopefully, this too with get a reaction.

“They (The Fed) have been hinting at .5 to 1% by the end of the year. Most felt they may only go for 0.25 this time - and maybe more later if necessary. The markets were anticipating 0.25 at best and got 0.5 - so a nice surprise. But here’s the kicker. The markets initially jumped on the news and spiked temporarily then all the gains evaporated and the stock market ended the day down a bit. Maybe we’ll see a run up over the next week or two - but I would have expected yesterday’s gains to hold. So who knows what’s going on. A trend over the past decade in the stock market has been “bad news is good news” - meaning when the Fed is worried about the economy (bad news), they respond by lowering interest rates (good news for stocks). So maybe the reverse happened here? Maybe the markets are worried that the Fed knows something they don’t know. The initial excitement a 0.5% cut was followed up with a, “wait, what?” Is the Fed worried about something? Just a thought, but the conspiracy theory that you can run with is this: political business cycles. It’s a real theory in economics and suggests that the Fed will adjust interest rates before an election to benefit their preferred candidate. The skinny quiet liberal professor who I was helping my first year did research on this. I was helping him collect data from the Fed meeting minutes. The idea was that in the conversation and vote on what to do with interest rates, Fed regional presidents would state their preferred interest rate change. They did this every meeting. And since we knew which members were either democrat or republican appointees, over time you could determine if they were leaning one way or the other with their policy choices near to the next election. I never noticed any obvious bias in the voting and that’s what his analysis showed. So there’s not a lot of historical support for such cycles, but if it was ever going to happen, this would be the year. But let’s get our conspiracies in order; since 1) the fix is already in at the ballot box, 2) Multiple assassination attempts are already scheduled, 3) Ukraine 4) the Deep State 5) Rigged ABC debate 6) Treasonous Secret Service 7) Jeffery Epstein probably 8) Obama is currently running the country 8b) Hillary is currently running the country 8c) Michelle Obama is a man and currently running the country 9) Eric Weinstein knows some people who know the truth and Trump won’t win 10) Blackrock. So with all these other efforts currently being orchestrated by the Illuminati - there really is no reason why the Federal Reserve should have to raise interest rates by 0.25 more than expected to ensure Kamala wins.”
    Last edited by Fish; Today at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    I just spent a week at Duke with my wife recovering from a surgery to remove a pheochromocytoma.

My takeaways with the monster energy’s and redbulls available next to the “southern cookin kitchen” option in the hospital cafeteria conveniences me that healthy people don’t build hospitals
    Why would they offer healthy choices when they’re in the business of fixing sick people?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

That's a rare squared type of tumor there. Hope your wife is recovering and doing well.

I diagnosed a pheo in a dog one time. Doubt I'll ever see one again.

Wow. Prayers for yall Matt. If I remember correctly you went to Duke too.

You are spot on for your observations. I am starting to think diet is the #1 issue in this country as I can tie to every other issue (i.e. National Security, employment/productivity, healthcare (symptom treatment), etc, etc). I pray Trump wins and he turns RFK loose on the FDA.
    cut\'em

Unless things have recently changed, Duke doesn't sell drinks with sugar in their cafeteria. The monsters must have been sugar free.
    Last edited by wob; Today at 10:26 AM.

i was told its unsavory to try to "rile" people up and that I am a bad person for doing so.
    welcome to the club, FISH

i googled "what percentage of people work"
    the interweb said 63%. it included all people. my stat was presented from the speaker with the notation it was for 18-65 year olds.

so it must be fact, right?

Most felt they may only go for 0.25 this time
    this really riled me up after the smartest people on here said they "knew it was gonna be a half"

carry on

There are a lot of 65+ folks out there working because they can't live on cat food and need money to stay housed and fed..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.