Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Browning A5's....

Quote Originally Posted by CreekBoy View Post
    Lets see some pictures and hear some stories.
    Ehrhardt, circa 1982. Our dog club technically stopped hunting on thanksgiving day as that’s when the bird hunters took over. They would let us know when it was cool to hunt after that and if not a group of us would go to Ehrhardt to hunt.

One cold as hell December morning Junior Martin asked me to go in the swamp with him. I knew why….i was big and young and the drag outta there was not friendly, lol. We walked, then waded, then paddled our way in. Once we got to the high ground we were securing the boat when here they come. A whole damn herd of them.

Junior was between me and the deer so I stood there waiting on him to shoot. He turns and tells me to shoot. We half argue back and forth before he finally realizes he may well die if I shoot so he pulls up…..

“PINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG”

I bit my lip trying not to laugh at just how damn loud that hammer hitting the firing pin sounded in 15-20 degree stillness. I stood stock still. Junior stood stock still. The deer? They did what deer do and stood there trying to figure out WTF they heard then they trotted off.

After what seemed like forever Junior slowly turned around to face me, “don’t you tell a fucking soul”

30 wt in the cold ass winter will make the gun recoil in slow motion. the blue can is 20wt the red is 10wt
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You are correct. My light 12 has had no telling how many rounds shot through it. Its all about the oil weight and rings. It locked up on me one HOT afternoon after shooting a quick limit, Took it to Jimson Dunbar, man I miss him, and he said if it is really hot and you shooting alot use 3 in 1 oil in the blue and white can. Otherwise use the red and white can. Thats been 45 years ago and never had a problem since.
    Art says a few drops of 30W motor oil.

I’ve got this one stripped down and getting prepped for Cerakote and a rebuild kit for a guy I know. I’ll post pictures once complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I don’t own a browning (yet) but I do have a 16 ga. Model 11.

Love the auto 5s
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Definitely my favorite shotgun.

IMG_1474.jpg

Nice

I grew up shooting browning automatics (my favorite autos) and still do but I will grab a Model 12 for a dove shoot or quail hunt in a heart beat. But I do confess to using a beretta 391 for clays
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

A few pretty ones

20131103_173935.jpg
    This was several years ago, I've added more.

Quote Originally Posted by beech View Post

A few pretty ones
    Now that is cool…
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by beech View Post

A few pretty ones

Damn, that's impressive.

Love it
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I take my old MINT Remington 1100, 3" .410 on shoots on occasion. Most people ain't got a clue
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

All the years I hunted deer with dogs I used my 12 ga A5........22 in bbl with extra full Turkey choke.......2 shot extension......Wood replaced with Ramline plastic.....would taske several pickups to haul all the deer I've killed with it. 205 lb buck killed at the bomb plant.........One of many more like it.100_0727.jpg
    Last edited by Model12; Yesterday at 10:22 PM.

Mint - Sweet 16 and 20ga
    One was bought new in 58 and the other in 61, one was my Dad's and the other was his father's
    They still get hunted every chance I get. The day you see one of them for sale, you'll know I am a broke MF'r

Brownings.jpg

Two additional favorite 20 gauges
    IMG_0201.jpg
    Last edited by ecu1984; Today at 12:14 AM.

I only have one...but it's got a story...

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Great pictures. I just took a trip down memory lane on my camera roll and really enjoyed it. Here’s a few of my favorites with an A5, Japs and Belgiums, if I’m not shooting my 1100 LT20, I’ll have an A5 in my hand.

My dog was just at 5months old in this picture. It was her first real hunt. We knew the birds were in thick and I knew it would be a good opportunity for her to go ahead and start figuring it out. Two guys walking behind a five month old dog and a prayer we would kick up just something. It clicked for her.
    1C5D4D98-646D-49EE-AFAD-EA62EE5AFE10.jpg

My brother and I shot geese in SC in the morning, then drove to Rockmart GA and had an absolute burner of a dove shoot in the afternoon. We left straight from the shoot and drove down the road to the Clemson at Auburn game. Watched Deshaun and Mike Williams take it to the mighty SEC foe. Auburn was an awesome place. All around quality weekend.
    29699C80-D5B7-4866-B5FD-F7A33B8FAF13.jpg

No real story on this one, just one of my favorite places to enjoy a walk behind dogs.
    E1EBDB7C-DFC2-4C97-8537-A468B5244548.jpg

I hunted the 12ga this day into some cover that I knew I shouldn’t take a gun that big and heavy into. I almost left it at the house for a more nimble gun. Sure enough I shot terrible and ended up with 5 shells left in my pocket out of a whole box and double digit birds flushed with none killed. I distinctly remember my dog that day looking at me like “you ever going to hit one of these things?” That’s when you know it’s bad. Slowed down and went 3 for 5 to finish up and the dog laid down and quit after the third. Great memory.
    204DFAD5-0633-492D-9E46-CC7BE139E40D.jpg
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; Today at 06:27 AM.