Thread: TruckVault vs Decked

Default TruckVault vs Decked

Anybody with experience? Pros/cons? Thoughts? Thanks.

I had an older truck vault (pick-up vault) in my last truck and have the decked now. The decked has a lot more room.

I’ve had two Truck Vaults, both in SUV’s. IMO the fit and finish is a tad nicer, but not sure if id buy another as the price kinda outweighs the need.

Never had a truck vault but I have a first gen decked in my F250 and I love it. I'll never own another truck without one. Superior in every way to a toolbox. The new ones are supposed to have even more room
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Never had a truck vault but I have a first gen decked in my F250 and I love it. I'll never own another truck without one. Superior in every way to a toolbox. The new ones are supposed to have even more room
    Do you not run into any problems with it making the truck bed shallow?

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    Do you not run into any problems with it making the truck bed shallow?
    Very few, even with a camper shell, and if I do, I have a trailer. The organization and ease of access to all my stuff I gain with the decked drawers far outweigh the inconvenience of having to hook up a trailer every now and then....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I've got a decked box in my F350, I got it for $400 off FB marketplace if I remember right. It's nice for tools, ammo, and other random shit I throw in there. I have a camper shell on top.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I've got a decked box in my F350, I got it for $400 off FB marketplace if I remember right. It's nice for tools, ammo, and other random shit I throw in there. I have a camper shell on top.
    And this ^^^^, mine was a marketplace find as well. Paid about half of retail and it was like new....

I dont have one but my buddy did and he had a camper shell on his. The one really nice thing about these systems is that it gets you above the wheel wells. So when we would run and gun up the mountain side for a hunt, it actually made it wider for us to both sleep. Once you get above the wheel wells, we would throw a queen size foam pad and sleeping bags on top. Slept just fine. Really nice to know all the gear and guns were right underneath us staying nice and dry. He has had both and he preferred the truck vault. Felt it was better quality than the decked.
    Last edited by flashman252; Yesterday at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flashman252 View Post
    I dont have one but my buddy did and he had a camper shell on his. The one really nice thing about these systems is that it gets you above the wheel wells. So when we would run and gun up the mountain side for a hunt, it actually made it wider for us to both sleep. Once you get above the wheel wells, we would throw a queen size foam pad and sleeping bags on top. Slept just fine. Really nice to know all the gear and guns were right underneath us staying nice and dry. He has had both and he preferred the truck vault. Felt it was better quality than the decked.
    And "passion" quote from one of the old timers on here in 3,2,1..

I have a decked and my buddy has a rimrock. My decked holds way more stuff than the rimrock. He did just find out he can fit one gun in his, but it is way shallower. The times that the height of the decked has caused me a problem is very few. The ease of being able to get to everything easily is a much bigger plus. My buddy carries more stuff in his bed than I do so he likes the rimrock for that.

Have weatherproof Truck Vault. It’s great. But they are pricey. Found this one on EBay for 1500.00. 7 years no problem. Currently in uncovered bed. Have a friend who had a vault that out lasted 6 trucks, 20+ years. He finally got a new one in new truck. Still got 1200 for it.

Go with magnum and the room in it is more than adequate. Bonus to carry rifles not on their sides. The bed height does become an issue if you don’t have a top and carry stuff in the bed a lot. I keep hunting gear in one side, tools in the other.

passion
    i bet its what he wanted that "duck call" for...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

yeah, I could see two dudes sleeping in a truck bed together blowing "duck calls". Not my style but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    passion
    i bet its what he wanted that "duck call" for...
    ^^this heer
    At least I'm housebroken.

how many pineapples can you get in a decked v. a truckvault I wonder
    At least I'm housebroken.

The ability to get under you alls skin is unbelievable. The fact you all are following which threads I am responding too is absolutely great. I have a fan base now!!!

2th doc is literally a walking oxymoron. Says stupid people piss him off but he cant type more than a sentence. Thats all his pea brain can handle. Stupid is as stupid does and hes just perfectly stupid. Who posts a 4" bluegill up close that is resting on 2 fingers to make it look big. Musta been practice for the inny he has between his legs lmao!! And before you say anything about the pineapple, mods put it up and it wont let me take it down. Again not my doing but go ahead, let that be your comeback because its obvious thats the only place your brain could go. So start thinking of another one.

Scattershot is now playing along, this is fun. Automatically went to his fantasy it seems. Cannot WAIT to hear from this yahoo. Great looking lab btw, he looks like a stud.

And then Duck nitz... cant even spell "here". Enough said.

I said it on the other thread. the intelligence in this place is outstanding. Starting to think this place is all inbred brothers and sisters that are the aunts and uncles all in one.
    Last edited by flashman252; Yesterday at 01:26 PM.

Are these storage systems waterproof or do you need a cover on the bed?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Are these storage systems waterproof or do you need a cover on the bed?
    Waterproof. No issues running it without a camper shell. As stated above, you lose a lot of bed depth so if you are constantly putting stuff in the bed of the truck, it might not be ideal. So make sure you carry plenty of ratchet straps if you are planning on going to one of these systems without a camper shell.