Thread: Holosun sights

Default Holosun sights

Anyone use one of these? Any good? I see a lot of them for sale second hand. Have an Eotech on one rifle and pleased with it but looking for something a little more economical for the second rifle.

I have an old EOTech, several old Aimpoints, a few different Vortex dots, a Primary Arms SLx 3x, and one Holosun 403.

It's difficult to pick a favorite. I like the EOTech reticle, but Holosun now duplicates this in some models.

I like the simplicity and brightness settings on Aimpoints, but two of mine are starting to have problems (way beyond service life, so I can't really complain).

The Vortex is hard to beat due to the warranty. I did send a Sparc AR back last year; they claimed corrosion, though I didn't see any. They sent me a new one.

The PA SLx 3x is pretty awesome. I love the ACSS Raptor Reticle. 3x is plenty for me on a rimfire SBR. Illumination is great. My only complaints are that it doesn't have an "off" between each brightness setting & the cover leaves a lot to be desired.

Enter Holosun.

Pretty damn good warranty (though I've never had to use it). Many reticle options. Green reticle color choice. Solar back-up. Shake awake. Auto dimming. It's difficult to say anything bad about them.

I think I have 5 or 6 on handguns. I also have a Trijicon RMR & a Vortex Venom. I'd opt for the Holosuns over the others at any point.

The ONE THING that could be improved upon with Holosun is the auto-brighness. Sometimes it lags a little. But, I think that function can be deactivated.

Again, tough choice overall. It may be helpful if you told us what this is going on.

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 09-16-2024 at 03:11 PM.

Looking at the HE510C-GR. It is going on an AR platform M4 5.56.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Looking at the HE510C-GR. It is going on an AR platform M4 5.56.
    Gotcha.

I have zero experience with models similar to that one.

I'd say that if you want something faster with no magnification, it probably isn't a bad option.

However, if your use would be for slower, more accurate shots, I'd highly recommend that you take a look at the Primary Arms that I mentioned above.

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk

I already have a laser on it so it is pretty fast up close and personal. With the laser the magnification may be a good combo package. I will check it out Thanks.