Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good ole days??

Our club allows cameras on private stands but no cameras on club stands.

i think clubs with rules are silly.
    and I remember the good old days when people returned phone calls or texts because its the proper thing to do.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I used to hunt from the ground a lot sitting against a tree. Rattled up some really nice bucks back in the 90s that way. My favorite was probably taking a Baker up a cypress tree until I hit limbs to hunt a young cut over.
    Still my favorite. Cypress knees make great gun rests too.

F67DE650-4F26-43A1-9DEA-0A80A768587E.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Still my favorite. Cypress knees make great gun rests too.

F67DE650-4F26-43A1-9DEA-0A80A768587E.jpg
    What caliber? I have a twin in 270. Santa Claus brought it in 1990 and I killed my first deer and hundreds more over the years with that thing.
    Last edited by quack head 11; 09-16-2024 at 07:13 AM.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Watered Buck Club 1980’s
    IMG_1998.jpg

Fairfield County 1985
    IMG_1997.jpg

Fairfield county circa 1977
    IMG_1999.jpg
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 09-16-2024 at 07:34 AM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Bettyneck, late mid to late 80s..

20200612_094415.jpg

J had the pants.. I had a fedora

Deer Hope, early 80s

20190912_142146.jpg

Both sides of that river

I remember hunting Buist WMA off of hwy 501 between Conway and Myrtle Beach in 1970 along the ICW. We hunted grapes and grape leaves. I remember seeing bear tracks and scat.

This one didn't come from there but for a long time he was my biggest bow buck.

Sent from my motorola edge 2024 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-16-2024 at 08:18 AM.

It can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it right now. You want to sit on the ground, go sit on the ground. You don't like cameras, don't use cameras. Clubs piss you off? Don't join a club. We can wax poetic and long for the wonder years all day long. But we don't have to use bait, cameras, stands, gps apps if we don't want to. Heck. I bet you could even find an old country gas station or convenience store still American owned that will let you sit in the parking lot after your hunt too.

Highstrung needs a new old deer picture. I've seen that one so much I'm starting to think it came with the frame he bought.

You're mean. I don't have but a few, my dad didn't take pictures..

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    You're mean. I don't have but a few, my dad didn't take pictures..
    You've got more than me! My dad didn't take any. Zee Row!!!

Haha, everyone I have was taken by one of two of his friends. I don't think he ever owned a camera, he's got one on his phone now.. Whether he takes pictures or not, I don't know. It doesn't bother me, I can still think about some of the memories.

I have never been to a check station.. nor hung around gas stations with me kills. I do miss the sites of opening of dove season, you could pick out like three spots around town where people would meet..
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-16-2024 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Haven’t even wanted to go yet. Grew up hunting some WMA off Exit 66 on 26 down near a turkey farm. Drug deer from deep in those woods.

My last WMA hunt was when a couple of dudes came in carrying a cooler with their two 6/7yo’s sweeping rifle muzzles all over. Unfortunately WMA clientele has gone downhill.
    That was White Feather Farm. I grew up just down the road from it. Used to take my deer to the processor that set up next door as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    That is one fine set of britches, I will tell you that. And I know britches...

I had some blue and white ones like that. 1970’s bad assery.

Battens bragging board was the original Instagram

Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it right now. You want to sit on the ground, go sit on the ground. You don't like cameras, don't use cameras. Clubs piss you off? Don't join a club. We can wax poetic and long for the wonder years all day long. But we don't have to use bait, cameras, stands, gps apps if we don't want to. Heck. I bet you could even find an old country gas station or convenience store still American owned that will let you sit in the parking lot after your hunt too.

Highstrung needs a new old deer picture. I've seen that one so much I'm starting to think it came with the frame he bought.
    you really dont know how to conform to the cool kids club, do you?
    its not about what you think is best. its about how to get the most likes and how to have the best social media presence you possibly can.

not one single person on this planet can think for themselves any more. if its on the internet or posted on X, it must be true and important and something we should all aspire to.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I don't do the "x" or anything else really.. Is this about the Charley Hull pic I sent? I won't apologize about that.

I drove this sucker all over the county showin it off before we finally went home and cleaned it. Made my little brother help me drag it out so he had to get in on the photo��

IMG_2989.jpg

Been a while since yall saw one of these I bet…

IMG_3958.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Yep The old and the new both have good and bad points. Enjoy what you got while you still got it.

I'm going to say the good old days started immediately after I ditched a baker stand and bought one of the new two piece climbers. Having thousands of acres of WMA available with thick cut downs, small pines and mixed woods was awesome. Sure wish I had those turkey woods back with a couple more years under my belt and basically zero competition. Taking ANY buck and getting your Polaroid on the board was exciting for a teenager, not to mention getting one of Neal's Corner Mart hamburgers or barbecue sandwiches.

He didn't even post the big one.