Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Doesn't anybody pick a damn dove anymore?
    Old school.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    Any chance you still have that PM that you could forward? My sbe3 shoots ridiculously high. I completely forgot about it and decided to use it opening day since I haven't had a chance to duck hunt in a while and wanted to get the dust off of it. I totally forgot about how bad it shoots and was miserable with it in the beginning. I switched back to an old A5 and didn't miss a shot the rest of the day. I remember hearing something about the barrel nut years ago, but I have forgotten about it and definitely need to do something or the gun is going to have a new owner soon.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    I don’t but with a little digging you might can find the thread. He had pics and everything there. Basically you have to heat the nut up to break it free and screw it as far down as possible. I was skeptical but he assured me it would help and it was night and day different. My gun probably shot a 80/20 pattern at 30 yds before and went a lot closer to 50/50 maybe 60/40 after that one fix.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Our numbers are low. We're not shooting this weekend.
    Same here. Checked multiple fields and not enough birds to call a hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still whole pick most of mine. Once you get a rhythm down it's pretty easy, doesn't beat paying Ida a quarter each

When I get to shoot YES
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    Any chance you still have that PM that you could forward? My sbe3 shoots ridiculously high. I completely forgot about it and decided to use it opening day since I haven't had a chance to duck hunt in a while and wanted to get the dust off of it. I totally forgot about how bad it shoots and was miserable with it in the beginning. I switched back to an old A5 and didn't miss a shot the rest of the day. I remember hearing something about the barrel nut years ago, but I have forgotten about it and definitely need to do something or the gun is going to have a new owner soon.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Scroll to 10:40.

I see how this could work. I will give it a whirl after I get my drop shims & plate (and other replacement stock parts).

I skipped the part about heating up the barrel nut and just bought Berettas
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands